The Next Three Days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Next Three Days

Has anyone tried backing it up yet? If so, were any special settings necessary?

I just backed up The Next Three Days using version 8073. Everything went flawlessly. The reason I didn't use 8085 is because I've backed up three DVDs with it and one with the in-between beta 8082 and all four were jerky when played!? I use Verbatim 4.7 and 9 blanks which are touted by DVDFab as being excellent media. Sorry I couldn't help more with your question.

WJ

Comment

Originally posted by Emoto View Post
      Has anyone tried backing it up yet? If so, were any special settings necessary?
      Hi Emoto,

1) You need to tell us when did the error message or problem appears, during you copying the original movie to hard drive(Copying problem) or burning movie files to a blank disc(Burning problem).

2) Also, we need your log files to see where the issue is.

The default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
      or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

Please post your log files in the attachment. Thanks in advance.

Anny

Comment

During the copy stage, the following was thrown:

"Error while reading. Please choose what to do?"

then:

"Some dvd information on E:\[NEXT_THREE_DAYS] cannot be read. You can choose Main Mmove or Customize to copy it."

But the movie plays ok.

This is a Win7 64 system. Here is some of the relevant log info:

09:50:46: Analyzing of DVD started
        09:50:46: Analyzing of DVD completed successfully
        09:50:46: Copy process started
        10:14:57: Task_1 failed! Error=102

DVDFab 8.0.8.5 (2011/05/03 09:25:15)

0m 00.65s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 0 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 0 bd23d 1 bd2dvd 1 file2mobile 0 filemover 0
        0m 22.29s: detected dvd
        0m 22.33s: drive E
        0m 22.33s: dvd type 1
        0m 22.35s: volume label NEXT_THREE_DAYS
        0m 25.67s: got copyright 1 fe
        0m 26.30s: got udf/iso
        4m 20.19s: got discinfo
        4m 20.21s: pathplayer enabled
        5m 31.92s: no main title, turn off pathplayer
        5m 37.47s: got dvdinfo
        5m 37.47s: opened dvd
        17m 31.02s: detected dvd
        17m 31.07s: drive E
        17m 31.11s: dvd type 1
        17m 31.13s: volume label NEXT_THREE_DAYS
        17m 39.51s: got copyright 1 fe
        17m 40.08s: got udf/iso
        22m 20.08s: got discinfo
        22m 20.11s: pathplayer enabled
        24m 51.07s: no main title, turn off pathplayer
        24m 51.90s: got dvdinfo
        24m 51.90s: opened dvd

If one told the app to ignore all errors in both the copy and burn phase, the app shuts down and goes away. Otherwise, it just either runs forever or chokes and says the process failed.

Comment

Hi Emoto,

Task_1 failed! Error=102() means reading dvd File failed.

The disc may be of bad quality(dirty/scratched/fingerprints), please do clean it first before you copy. And click the tick green icon button at the right top corner of the DVDFab screen, open "Common Settings" window, click on "Read", select "ignore all the reading errors automatically". Then try to copy the movie again and see the result.

Regards,
          mona

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
            Hi Emoto,

Task_1 failed! Error=102() means reading dvd File failed.

The disc may be of bad quality(dirty/scratched/fingerprints), please do clean it first before you copy. And click the tick green icon button at the right top corner of the DVDFab screen, open "Common Settings" window, click on "Read", select "ignore all the reading errors automatically". Then try to copy the movie again and see the result.

Regards,
            mona
            Thanks. The disc is not dirty or scratched, but I will try that and see.

Comment

Originally posted by Emoto View Post
              Thanks. The disc is not dirty or scratched, but I will try that and see.
              So, it ran from 6:30 this morning until 4:30 this afternoon without ever finishing the copy task. Logs look the same as before. It is failing to read parts of the disc and looping, IMHO. The disc is not damaged or dirty. The movie will play just fine.

Comment

Hi Emoto
                Were you using DVDFab 8.0.8.5 or the latest beta when you tried to rip it again??
                If not the latest beta download it here http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=12752 and try again.
                CBR929
                Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

No, I was using the version in the thread title, but thanks for the idea.

Comment

Well, after getting the same results with the beta, I began to suspect something was wrong with the disc. Luckily, I tend to save receipts, so was able to return it to the store and get a new copy. The new one backed up just fine with 8.0.8.5. Sorry for an unnecessary thread.

Comment

Glad you got it working
                      CBR929
                      Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Working...
                      X