Verify Disc option for DVD/BluRay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Verify Disc option for DVD/BluRay

The DVD/BluRay Write option has a checkbox that says "Verify disc after finished burning".

Does this option work for anyone? I've used DVDFAB for years and have intermitttently tried this -- it always fails at the start of the verification process with some numeric error code, but the burned disk works fine.

I'm using the VSO burning engine, for whatever that's worth.

If this option does work for some people, I'll post more detail about what goes wrong. Just don't want to spend any time on it if it's a non-starter.

I have not seen verify work consistently on any piece of DVD writing software. Almost all writing process introduce small CRC correctable errors. It is really only useful if you are writing at 1x and creating a DVD/BD master or are dealing with a data disc (in which case you wouldn't be DVDFab).

Comment

Sorry for the delay. Just tried it again now -- still using VSO, turned on the ""Verify disc after finished burning" option. Here's the dvdfab_process.log:

Code:
      19:06:56: Burn folder (C:\Users\InvaderZim \Videos\DVD\FullDisc\MYDVD\) started
      19:22:16: Burn completed successfully
      19:27:12: Verify DVD started
      21:50:48: Task_3 failed! Error=100
      and the "internal" log:

Code:
      DVDFab 8.0.8.5 (2011/05/05  19:06:16)

0m 02.07s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 bd23d 1 bd2dvd 1 file2mobile 0 filemover 0
       0m 05.66s: detected dvd
       0m 05.66s: drive X
       0m 05.66s: dvd type 0
       0m 05.66s: volume label
       0m 27.73s: pathplayer enabled
      16m 25.58s: detected dvd
      16m 25.78s: drive X
      16m 26.98s: dvd type 1
      16m 27.00s: volume label MYDVD
      20m 56.30s: css attach X:\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.IFO
      I've seen that error 100 before -- I think it means that DVDFAB couldn't open a file because it's open somewhere else. I get that error when I burn a DVD if I have Pegasus Mail (an email program) open, even though it has nothing to do with DVDFAB. If I close it, no error 100 on burn. But this error 100 seems to be unrelated.

I could understand if verifcation failed because of a data error, but it doesn't seem to even try. I think this did work in the distant past (maybe before Win7, maybe an older version of DVDFAB -- can't remember for sure).

Any ideas regarding other things to try?

Comment

Working...
      X