Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I convert my DVDs later?

Hi All,

I've started ripping my DVD collection and I dont care about reducing the quality size and I bought a cheap HDD and dont have many disks so 8GB a movie aint a big deal at the moment.

However, I might one day get a mini laptop or iphone or something and will need to convert the movies then. If I buy DVDFab then will I be able to point the programme at these rips I'm doing now and convert them then?

I'm ripping using full disk copy options and I'm keeping the FBI warning and so on (I know I know - I'm an idiot) so will this be an easy tak to do if I ever need to or should I go the whole hog now and spend hours ripping and re-encoding as AVI as they wont be easy to convert in the future?

Sorry for the noob question but I couldn't really find an answer for this. Thanks to the DVDFab team too for giving this amazing product away too!! This was the 5th package I tried and it works sooooo well.

Cheers

Sure you can Henry1 just select the folder or iso image as the source, no need to rip again.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Thanks 90312!

I take it I just point the converter to the Video folder and it'll figure the rest out from there?

Comment

You will need to purchase DVD Ripper to do this and I would suggest that you look at MKV H264 Audiocopy instead of the AVI container as it is now getting a little long in the tooth.
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by Henry1 View Post
          Thanks 90312!

I take it I just point the converter to the Video folder and it'll figure the rest out from there?
          As GregiBoy said you'll need DVD Ripper for the task. Just select the video folder as the source then select the profile for your device or the file you wat to play on the computer. I would take GregiBoy's advice on the profile.
          How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
          Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
          X