DVDFab V 8.0.9.1 Will Not Run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chayne View Post
    i am glad to see you all are at least getting that far. i download mine, click to load it and it loads, but then stops at the "finalizing installation". then everything freezes up. i cannot do anything whatsoever. it puts my icon on my desktop, but the installation window never goes away. i am trying to get the new version 8.0.9.2. this is the first time this type of stuff has ever happened to me.
    You can't update to new version?

Try to
    1. Uninstall previous version DVDFab
    2. Install new version DVDFab
    MotherBoard: BIOSTAR TA890GXB HD
    CPU: AMD PhenomII X6 1055T
    Memory: CFD W3U1333Q-2G (2GBx2)
    HardDisk(AHCImode): C:\A-Data S596Turbo(32GB) D:\Hitachi HDS721050CLA362
    DVDdrive(AHCImode): TSST SH-S243D
    VideoCard: PowerColor AX6850 1GBD5-DH

Comment

Well I hate to say this new release had me stump. Couldn't get it to run so what I did was a clean install of my operating system and just the operating system and was able to get the new version to run very extreme for a new version of programming code! I have Windows XP SP2 loaded and now I am going to install SP3 and see if that was causing my problem as I was able to load it on another system that had SP2 and it ran but the system I tried before had SP#. That was the difference between the two machines? I sent logs in and every suggestion failed. So if others are having the same problem you might have to go the extra mile and do a clean install of the operating system especially if they are going to the new programming code.

The only other thing possible is this machine is a stand alone for DVDFab only and I have been running version going all the way back to DVDFab5 so it's possible those version might have left some files that was causing my problem.
      Last edited by burgman88; 05-13-2011, 03:09 PM.

Comment

I just finished installing Windows SP3 and the latest DVDFab version is still running so it looks like it was a problem with the many prior versions of DVDFab I had on my system. Even though I uninstalled them DVDFab must have left entries in my register that I couldn't remove. I wish that they would design a program to run a clean uninstall of all older versions like Norton and other software company's do, that could clear up lot's of problems with future releases. Like I said this machine is a stand alone dedicated system for DVDFab.

Comment

CCleaner is a free program that will do that very thing. I do every time a new version comes out nowdays. I uninstall using the uninstaller supplied by Fab then run CCleaner on the registry to remove left behind entries and have never had the even a minor problem with DVDFab.
          How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
          Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
            CCleaner is a free program that will do that very thing. I do every time a new version comes out nowdays. I uninstall using the uninstaller supplied by Fab then run CCleaner on the registry to remove left behind entries and have never had the even a minor problem with DVDFab.
            I use ever version as well of CCleaner and when I had this problem I went to programs and there were the directories of all of the older releases and there were files in everyone of them I guess CCleaner didn't get to them so I use Revo and it went in and cleaned up the directories and went in and looked at my register and displayed them on screen and man was I surprised how many entries were left in the register that CCleaner didn't get.

Comment

Originally posted by burgman88 View Post
              I use ever version as well of CCleaner and when I had this problem I went to programs and there were the directories of all of the older releases and there were files in everyone of them I guess CCleaner didn't get to them so I use Revo and it went in and cleaned up the directories and went in and looked at my register and displayed them on screen and man was I surprised how many entries were left in the register that CCleaner didn't get.
              I've noticed in the past that after I uninstalled Fab and ran ccleaner it would remove Fab's reg info but now it doesn't. Not sure if ccleaner "changed" but it doesn't seem to catch everything like you mentioned.

Comment

Sometimes you have to run it multiple times to get all the embedded entries. But it gets them for me.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by burgman88 View Post
                  Hi burgman88
                  I also use Revo on occasion, but beware if not familiar with it of using the advanced mode on the last screen about cleaning the registry and not checking the contents of folders in bold, I one time almost deleted all my "Keys" for Fab.

Mainly I use CCleaner like my friends W&B and 90312 to remove the entries as stated, I also run it more than once and also after a reboot.
                  CBR929
                  Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Yes you are correct about Revo if you do the deep clean of register files you can do bad things to your system select the 3rd option and stick to that for Revo and you should be ok. I also use a program which I find is very good without any problems it's called XP Pro 4.0 Professional. After it cleans your register you can optimize the registry and man your system will run quicker. I have been using it for over a year with no problems.

Comment

They release an add on for CCleaner it's can CCEnhanced it has better options to remove applications.

Comment

I've never used the unistaller in CCleaner, just the registry cleaner. The unistaller provided does pretty well you just have to manually remove some files in the Prefetch folder once in a while. If running multiple versions you have to be careful in the Prefetch folder!

Albert Einstein

Comment

I've never used the unistaller in CCleaner, just the registry cleaner. The unistaller provided does pretty well you just have to manually remove some files in the Prefetch folder once in a while. If running multiple versions you have to be careful in the Prefetch folder!
                          They just released the CCEhance add on for CCleaner as they found out you could run it muliptle times and it will not remove all entries in the register but the CCEnhancer is new code thats added to CCleaner to solve that problem. I tried it and it looks good.

Comment

Check your DEP settings Right click my computer > Properties > Advanced > Performance > Data Execution Prevention Make sure the it is set to Turn on DEP for all programs except those I select.
                            Restart and try again
                            CBR929
                            Last edited by CBR929; 05-19-2011, 02:10 AM.
                            Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

Im having the same issue with DVD FAB 8.0.9.2 not running under windows xp sp3 32 bit.

Anyone find anything?

Comment

Please see this post as it may help you with your problems http://forum.dvdfab.com/showpost.php...&postcount=112
                                Hope this helps
                                CBR929

Comment

Working...
                                X