Multiple Copies GUI issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple Copies GUI issues

Using version 8.0.9.1 and two DVD readers I attempted to reload my video library of about 150 DVD's. It takes a while I can run multiple instances of DVDFab and have ever since I had two drives and it operates with the same results but the behavior of the GUI after you run one DVDCopy and start the next has some small issues it would be nice to fix in terms of multiple drives and / or multiple repetitions of an operation like copying a bunch of DVD's one after another.

When you run the second time with another instance already running it's hard to time the DVD inserted into the drive so it won't want to copy the instance already running. You then click cancel on the title it wants to scan and it will ignore it so that it will search for the second and find it. It would be nice if a second instance could know the first instanced was using the drive and not attempt duplicate scans. It seems like it actually supports that but I've never tried to copy the same disk twice at the same time but it sounds like not such a good practice. I'm not sure why it would be useful either.

When you want to run many copy operations the Source does not always update on the screen with each disk change but the copy does work properly. It gets confusing to tell what is really running so it would also help if the volume label would show on the copy status screen. Lots of DVD's have very cryptic volume labels so it would be nice for it to display it so if you changed it you'll know what is running. In the title bar would be nice too!

If you have dual drives, a fast enough processor / CPU, and network running two instances does yield a better throughput when you have a LOT of DVD's to transfer. The transfer speed of the DVD's seems to run the full spectrum from really slow copies 3MB/sec to very fast copies 19MB/sec across a gigabit network. Obviously some DVD's are burned poorly and others are better.

You may want to add your support to one or more of these feature requests:

Multiple Instances of FAB
    Two instances compete with each other...
    Option to disable automatic scanning
    Multiple instances?
    using 2 dvd drives at the same time

Comment

Working...
    X