This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Incompatibility With Lite-On Drive

I am running Dell Precision Work Station with an Intel Core 2 Duo and Windows 7 (X86). I installed an NEC ND-3500AG DVD drive (PATA) and a Lite-On iHBS212 2 Blu-Ray drive (SATA) on this machine. After installing DVDFab v8.0.9.2 Qt, I found the following problem. DVDfab will not work properly with the Lite-On drive. When I put a DVD into the Lite-On tray, and run DVDfab, DVDFab will indicate that it is analyzing the disk. However, it is not analyzing the DVD because the indicator light on the drive is not on. Furthermore, my system hard disk continuously runs. At this point DVDFab will not stop running. Therefore, I started the task manager to kill the process. Unfortunately, DVDFab will not stop running and my disk continues to spin. The only way to stop the process is to reboot. Now it is important to note that this problem does not occur when I use the NEC DVD drive.

As an experiment, I ran DVDFab in compatibility mode (Windows ME, Windows XP SP3, Winows 7). This did not solve the problem.

I then tried other software in conjunction with NERO 10. Other software does not have a problem with the LIte-On drive and DVD backup copies can be made.
    Last edited by CBR929; 06-01-2011, 09:09 PM. Reason: forum policy

I tried another experiment. I ran DVD Passkey and it had no problem with the Lite-On drive. The movie was enabled and Nero 10 could create a backup copy.

And just for fun, I reinstalled DVDFab v8.0.8.5. This version did not work either. The hard disk still spins and the program cannot be stopped.

I examined the DVDFab internal log and found the following error for DVDFab 8.0.9.2: "Qt Translator file load failed"

Comment

Hi freeforever03
      This also may happen if you are running an "on the fly decrypter" and it has control of your drive and or the filters of the drive, DVD Fab will try to access the drive but the other program has control of it, which will restrict Fab from opening and reading the disc.
      CBR929.
      Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Thanks CBR929. I do not use an "on the fly decrypter" with DVDFab. This problem, also, does not occur when I use my NEC ND-3500AG DVD drive (PATA) with DVDFab. It is also interesting to note that DVD Passkey does not have a problem with my Lite-On Drive.

Comment

If you read the 34th page of "General Cinavia protection" sticky note you will find that 'Lite on' products are the 'only' ones that won't work. Don't feel bad, guess what I have, iHBS112. Try the other forum for more info, hopefully someone will list a drive model number that does work. Don't even bother to contact Lite On about an updated driver, I had a warranty problem 8 weeks ago (I have two iHBS112's) and after three emails to them, no response. [I won't tell you what I had to say in the number four email () ]

Comment

Thank you tmcom. I appreciate the information. It's unfortunate that this drive is not compatible with DVDFab. Fortunately, DVD Passkey works. Hopefully Lite-On will update their firmware and things will be better in the future.

Let me wish you better luck with your warranty problem. I guess I should have bought a different drive. It was the 12X write cycle that sold me. Again, thanks for the help and the advice.

Comment

Originally posted by freeforever03 View Post
              Thanks CBR929. I do not use an "on the fly decrypter" with DVDFab. This problem, also, does not occur when I use my NEC ND-3500AG DVD drive (PATA) with DVDFab. It is also interesting to note that DVD Passkey does not have a problem with my Lite-On Drive.
              Hi freeforever03

Passkey is an "on the fly decrypter"
              Did you have passkey running when using Fab or did you have it turned off???
              If it was running please try turning it off on the bottom right corner in your notification area and try again.
              I examined the DVDFab internal log and found the following error for DVDFab 8.0.9.2: "Qt Translator file load failed"
              You can also try uninstalling 8.0.9.2 and reinstalling it.
              It is strange that one drive will work and the other will not.

@ tmcom
              We are talking about DVDs not making a protected Blu-Ray disc.

CBR929
              Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

Hi CBR929. I don't use DVD Passkey with DVDFab. I just thought it was important to note that DVD Passkey does not have a problem with my Lite-On drive. It shows that their is a problem with DVDFab itself. It is also interesting to note that the problem is not just with v8.0.9.2. Version 8.0.8.5 exhibits the problem as well. I wonder if other Lite-On users are experiencing this problem as well?

Comment

"Qt Translator file load failed"
                  Which language have you the GUI set to?

Comment

The GUI language is English.

Comment

wrong forum

@ tmcom
                      We are talking about DVDs not making a protected Blu-Ray disc.

CBR929
                      I apologize for being 'off topic', new to the forum and just saw the "Incompatability with Lite-On Drive" portion of the header. FWIW, my Lite-On drive works fine [one of them anyway () ] for everything but the 'protected' Blu Ray 'workaround' In the future, Will try to be more aware of which forum topic I'm in. Best of all to everyone.
                      Last edited by Complication; 05-15-2011, 03:24 AM. Reason: corrected quote

Comment

Qt Translator file load failed
                        The GUI language is English.
                        Be sure in Fabs settings that English is selected. I noticed on a fresh install even though the program displayed in english it was not selected and after I set it the error went away.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hi W&B. The language settings are as follows. Under "Streams" :

1.Audio is set to English with "If none meets my selection criteria" is set to select all tracks

2. Subpicture is set to English with "If none meets my selection criteria" is set to select all tracks

These are the only language settings that I could find. But the language error persists, my hard drive continues to spin, and DVDFab.exe process hangs up and never completes. Once the program hangs up, the task manager cannot end it. I have to reboot.

Other setting include:
                          1. The "path player" set to "when necessary"
                          2. DVD copy is set to "Main Movie"

Additional info:

1. My OS is Windows 7 (X86)
                          2. My graphics card is NVIDIA 550
                          3. My LiteOn drive is model iHBS212 with version 5L09 firmware

Comment

Hi freeforever03
                            I know you have stated that the GUI language is English. The setting that W&B is referring to is
                            Open Fab click the Click the Green at top right corner of the DVDFab screen, and open Common Settings > Click General and on the top of the screen you will see Language setting.

Also set Pathplayer to Always Enable and restart Fab.
                            Hope this helps
                            CBR929

Comment

Thanks CBR929. I didn't notice the language setting under the "general" heading. I can't believe that I missed it (it is the first item!!!!!!!). I just changed it to English and will give it another try.

Thanks again to everyone that has tried to help me with this problem. Much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                              X