Just a thought about Quicktime...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a thought about Quicktime...

I had a brief epiphany this morning. I realized that the machine I've had all the issues with using the Qt versions does not have Quicktime installed on it.

Is that an issue?...

Originally posted by Toonces T. Cat View Post
    I had a brief epiphany this morning. I realized that the machine I've had all the issues with using the Qt versions does not have Quicktime installed on it.

Is that an issue?...
    QT (in regards to DVDFab) does not have anything to do with QuickTime. QT is a cross-platform application and UI framework developed by Nokia. It is used mainly by C++ developers and allows them to more easly support user interface (UI) development across multiple platforms. For the most part QT means nothing to the end user. For more information visit http://qt.nokia.com/.

Comment

Thanks!

Originally posted by RClark View Post
      QT (in regards to DVDFab) does not have anything to do with QuickTime. QT is a cross-platform application and UI framework developed by Nokia. It is used mainly by C++ developers and allows them to more easly support user interface (UI) development across multiple platforms. For the most part QT means nothing to the end user. For more information visit http://qt.nokia.com/.
      Thanks!....Great answer!

Comment

Your welcome!

Comment

Thanks for that as well. I've wondered myself what the "QT" meant. I also thought it was Quicktime, especially when references were made in the description to "being a step closer to working on a Mac". Now I know.

I do hope though that they lose the "QT" in the DVDFab name. To me it complicated things as it's a bit confusing. I think the name should have been left "DVDFab" with the change happening with a version number instead of adding the "QT" name. Just my opinion.
          Last edited by Mike89; 05-23-2011, 04:54 AM.
          I7 3770K @ 4.4 gig (Noctua NH-U14S), ASRock Z77 Extreme6, 16 (2x8) Gigs Corsair DDR3 1600, EVGA GTX 680 Signature 2, Acer 236H (1920x1080), X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Pro, 2 SATA DVD Burners, Crucial M500 120 GB SSD, WD 2 TB Black HDDs, WD 1 TB Black HDD, WD 2 TB Black HDD (eSata), Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speaker System, Corsair TX750w PSU, HSPC Top Deck Tech Station, Windows 7 Pro x64

Comment

I agree. To me it is like calling it "Fab C Sharp".....

We, as users, usually do not want to know about the development environment.
            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

They are probably just using Qt in the name to distinguish it from the non-Qt version as they transition over to using Qt framework. My guess is that they will remove it from the program name in the future once the previous version is put to rest.

Comment

I don't know how they are going to do that now as the install folder has the name "OT" in it.
                I7 3770K @ 4.4 gig (Noctua NH-U14S), ASRock Z77 Extreme6, 16 (2x8) Gigs Corsair DDR3 1600, EVGA GTX 680 Signature 2, Acer 236H (1920x1080), X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Pro, 2 SATA DVD Burners, Crucial M500 120 GB SSD, WD 2 TB Black HDDs, WD 1 TB Black HDD, WD 2 TB Black HDD (eSata), Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speaker System, Corsair TX750w PSU, HSPC Top Deck Tech Station, Windows 7 Pro x64

Comment

Working...
                X