my computer froze up when I try to unistall QT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my computer froze up when I try to unistall QT

I tried to use qt but nothing happen and then I tried to uninstall and my computer froze so now what can I do.....?????????

Give some more details!!!
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Or do some research there are several threads and many post on this problem.

Comment

Well I can't get the QT versions to work at all and I have tried running them in 98 thru 2000 mode and they still won't open, 8.0.8.9 will install completely but won't open and 8.0.9.2 will hang up at finishing installation and go no farther, And I have to load 8.0.8.9 over it just to get it uninstalled. So it looks like us guys with XP SP 3 are screwed big time
        Paid Not To Work
        US Navy Retired ( 20 Years )
        Proudly Served On
        USS Coral Sea CVA-43 (VF-154) / USS Oriskany CVA-34 (VFP-63) / USS Ranger CVA-61 (VF-121)
        6 trips to the Gulf Of Tonkin

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo View Post
          So it looks like us guys with XP SP 3 are screwed big time
          Not all, running fine here XP SP3 EN_UK locale.
          人生は贈り物であり、完全な喜びを経験する必要があります
          Life is a gift and should be experienced in full joy

Comment

8092Qt

Jimbo, I have an old dell gx 260, xp pro, sp3, I went to add and remove programs and removed everthing, excpect 8085-nonQt, used CCleaner and use Revo pro uninstaller, which catches anything that CCleaner doesn't! Evindence remover in Revo pro installer, can use with free trail, without having to buy, unless you want to buy!, but it works best! Then try to turn off all your anti-virus, I use avast free, and Comodo firewall, and Malwarebytes, which is free! Then go to your "C", drive and delete everything for dvdfab 8092Qt, don't worry about 8085non-Qt, it does not to cover over the updtaes with the new one as used to over the old one! It will install by its self and you'll have both on your PC!, but it sure transfer your settings from 8085 to 8092Qt! Then I had to get my registration worked out with this version to get it to work! Give this a try as it worked for me! Hope this helps! I really appreciate you protecting our country! I spent 6 years in the Navy, 1980 to 1986!

Comment

Well I can't get the QT versions to work at all and I have tried running them in 98 thru 2000 mode and they still won't open, 8.0.8.9 will install completely but won't open and 8.0.9.2 will hang up at finishing installation and go no farther, And I have to load 8.0.8.9 over it just to get it uninstalled. So it looks like us guys with XP SP 3 are screwed big time
              I can't either as of yet but I'm still trying. If the installer never finishes for QT, hit the CTRL-ALT-DELETE keys to bring up task manager. Kill only the DVDFAB.EXE. This will allow the install to finish but uncheck the box to have DVDFab start and the Whats new box from the installer. Then go to START, PROGRAMS, DVDFAB, UNINSTALL. It will ask you if you want to remove it. Select YES. The uninstall screen will start but may just sit there. Hit CTRL-ALT DELETE again to bring up Task Manager. Kill the DVDFAB.EXE only. You may have to do this 3 or more times because it keeps coming back and may be in different areas of the list. After you kill it 3 or more times, the uninstall will finish and then click ok. Just kill the DVDFAB.EXE and nothing else related to it. You wont need to reload another version to uninstall it this way. Hope this helps.

Comment

Why go thru all that when I got it uninstalled just by installing 8.0.8.9 over top of 9.2
                Paid Not To Work
                Proudly Served On
                USS Coral Sea CVA-43 (VF-154) / USS Oriskany CVA-34 (VFP-63) / USS Ranger CVA-61 (VF-121)

Comment

Why go thru all that when I got it uninstalled just by installing 8.0.8.9 over top of 9.2
                  You can do it how you wish... If something goes wrong, it may screw up the registry, then when you install another update, it may not work properly. You stated a problem, I just stated how I did it. It was more or less meant for JPD 357 who started this thread about his problem......I responded to yours and quoted you by mistake but left it because he had an issue installing and you had one uninstalling. When you split it up, it's really not having to "go through all that". Hitting 3 keys and clicking stop process does seem easier to me but thats just me.
                  Last edited by Frankster91; 05-25-2011, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Frankster no problem it just seemed to be a lot of steps but thanks for the workaround anyway just wish Fengato would figure this out for those of us who are having the problems like what did he add since ver 8.0.8.5 thats what is causing the problems for some of us
                    Paid Not To Work
                    Proudly Served On

Comment

Frankster no problem it just seemed to be a lot of steps but thanks for the workaround anyway just wish Fengato would figure this out for those of us who are having the problems like what did he add since ver 8.0.8.5 thats what is causing the problems for some of us
                      Lol, I do get a little long winded when I'm trying to explain something. I try to provide enough detail for those that my not be as computer savvy as others. Sometimes I confuse myself.

Yeah, I'm having the same issue with it as well. I have been able to get it to work on 1 of my XPsp3 rigs but that was with a reformat an fresh install. I have not been able to get QT8092 to work on my other 2 XP sp3 rigs. The only QT version I can get to work on them is QT8087.

I know they are working on it and I'll just wait for the fix. They always come through.

Comment

Working...
                      X