Multiple instances conflict with each other while scanning DVDs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple instances conflict with each other while scanning DVDs

I have just upgraded to 8.0.9.2 Qt and when starting multiple instances, each instance tries to load any new DVD inserted to any one of the DVD drives in my machine. I have not had this problem in the past.

For reference, I am using DVDFab in DVD Clone mode on a system with 3 identical DVD drives in it. In the past, I have been able to start Instance #1, insert a DVD into the first drive, and wait until it loads which then seems to tell that instance not to scan any other drives until explicitly told to because it already has one loaded. I then start Instance #2, it starts scanning the first DVD, which I cancel. I can then insert another DVD into the second drive, and then wait as ONLY Instance #2 scans the new DVD in that second drive. I can then repeat the same steps and start Instance #3... as soon as it is started, it starts by scanning the DVDs loaded in drives 1 and 2, but I cancel those scans and insert a DVD into the 3rd drive, and ONLY Instance #3 will scan the new DVD in drive 3.

As of upgrading, it appears 8.0.9.2 Qt does not function this way. As soon as I insert a new DVD into any drive, ALL instances, no matter if they already have a DVD loaded, start scanning the new DVD. If I try to cancel the scanning on one instance, typically it cancels the scanning on ALL instances.

I have made sure that the "Allow running multiple instances of DVDFab" is currently selected in the preferences.

Thankfully, the new version does not overwrite the old one upon install so I'm currently going to continue to use the last known working version I had installed which was 8.0.8.5. I'm hoping that the operation of multiple instances can be changed to how it worked back in 8.0.8.5.

If you start an instance on a task then it will no longer respond to the disc insert or other discs in the drives until you click the finish button. This procedure works best for me:

1) Put all discs in the drives and wait for them to be recognized.
    2) Start DVDFab and wait for it to finish scanning a disc.
    3) Start copy process.
    4) Start next DVDFab, click cancel until it is on a new disc, and wait for scanning
    5) Start copy process.
    Repeat from step 4 for third (or more) titles.

This might interest you:
    Multiple Instances of FAB

Comment

Working...
    X