Maybe bug for DVD Copy: Target/Source

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe bug for DVD Copy: Target/Source

FYI: I am posting this here first to discus the issue. It's not meant to be a bug report.

Well the issue is that when dvdfab ejects the dvd, I insert the next dvd meanwhile dvdfab is making the iso. When done I click Finish and dvdfab begins to read the next dvd. Once it's done with that the Volume Label is renewed with the dvd label but not target/source.

For it to update I click Main Movie and then back to Full Disc and now target/source are updated.

1. note is that I am not 100% sure Source is not updating but I will keep an eye on it for the next couple of dvds.

2. note is that this seems to work sometimes. When and when not I can't find a clear pattern but it seems to happen mostly when I insert the next dvd before dvdfab has made the iso.

On a sidenote I would like to suggest if not already done so to have Volume Label and Target interact as one field so I don't have to first rename "DVDVOLUME" to movie name and then set the iso file name. This should ofc be an option because I am sure this does not fit everyones usecase scenario.

Thanks for your time.

Hi micnolmad,

issue is that when dvdfab ejects the dvd, I insert the next dvd meanwhile dvdfab is making the iso. When done I click Finish and dvdfab begins to read the next dvd.
    It is not a bug, just the wrong sequence you operated. Please wait for the first creating iso task fininish, click on Finish button, then insert the next source DVD into your optical drive tray, you will get pop-up window which asks you to select the region code for the second dvd, after finish analyzing, you will get the Volume label renewed with the second disc's name.

Please give it a try.

Sincerely,
    --
    Sunny
    Last edited by sunny; 05-31-2011, 02:41 AM.

Comment

Thank you Sunny for your time.

That is what I would argue is a point of view. I am a developer my self so I know this is not a technical restriction. If it is possible to put an application is a state of error or fault simply by using it, it is a usecase not taken care of. It is not the responsibility of the user to know the "right" sequence but the developers to make sure that there is only "the sequence".

For my usecase, as I have the option to eject the dvd on completion turned on and it is the "wrong" sequence to insert the next dvd before the iso is done, then I will argue that the dvd should not get ejected before the operation is done.

Scenario 1: If I were to follow your sequence the disc draw would be open x amount of time * x which would allow dust to enter the drive.

Scenario 2: Should I choose to open/close the drive for each dvd to lessen the amount of time it's open, it would shorten the expected time before failure by 50% since x amount open/close * 2.

So taken the alternatives into account either the option needs to be altered or it needs to go as not altering it makes it pointless because either scenario puts unnecessary stain on the hardware.
      Last edited by CBR929; 05-31-2011, 07:39 PM. Reason: Uneeded sentence

Comment

Working...
      X