Open DVD Source opens then stops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Open DVD Source opens then stops

I am trying to copy a DVD that I brought from the Polynesian Cultural Center. Once DVDFab trys to access it, the blue "Open DVD Source" box opens (as usual) then immediately closes. The DVD is no longer recognized. There are no error messages.

This has only happened on this DVD, none of my others.
    I am using an external Sony DVD recorder.
    No recent changes to my system. DVDFab has been functioning flawlessly.
    No other DVD or BD software.
    DVD plays on PC, MAC and standalone DVD player.

dvdfab_burn_vso_log
    2011-06-05 11:07:41 ---- ******************** Log session stop 05-Jun 11:07:41.781 PID 4828********************
    2011-06-05 11:07:05 Info Current Drive selected : 0:0:0 - SONY DVD RW DRU-820A 2.0d [E] (Usb)
    2011-06-05 11:07:05 Info Using Advanced SPTI interface
    2011-06-05 11:07:05 Info System default language : English (United States)
    2011-06-05 11:07:05 Info User default language : English (United States)
    2011-06-05 11:07:05 Info DLL Version : 4.0.15.480
    2011-06-05 11:07:05 Info DLL : C:\Program Files\DVDFab 8\vso_hwe.dll
    2011-06-05 11:07:05 Info Version : 8, 0, 8, 5
    2011-06-05 11:07:05 Info ExeName : C:\Program Files\DVDFab 8\DVDFab.exe
    2011-06-05 11:07:05 Info OS : Microsoft Windows XP Professional (Build 2600: Service Pack 3)
    2011-06-05 11:07:05 ---- ******************** Log session start 05-Jun 11:07:05.546 PID 4828******

dvdgab_internal.log
    DVDFab 8.0.8.5 (2011/06/05 11:07:00)

0m 02.20s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 bd23d 1 bd2dvd 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 0
    0m 06.53s: detected dvd
    0m 06.59s: drive E
    0m 06.59s: dvd type 1
    0m 06.59s: volume label LACIE

Info.txt
    Info for drive [E:\] (DVDFab 8.0.8.5)
    Vendor: SONY
    Product: DVD RW DRU-820A
    Revision: 2.0d
    Vendor specific: Sep25 ,2006
    Drive region control: RPC II
    Drive region: 1
    User changes left: 4
    Vendor resets left: 4

Disc media: DVD
    Disc type: DVD-Video
    Disc is not opened.

It seems you're dealing with custom-made, out of compliance DVD. For starters, please open DVDFab in DVD "clone" module and then incert DVD into your drive; see if that will work. If it works, you will be able to make clone of your disc. If not, let us know and we will think of next solution.
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Hi betsyg
      Along with the advice of my friend, you may have to turn off Pathplayer, to do this: Open Fab Click the Green top right > Protection > Path Player click Disable Path Player click OK restart Fab and try again, just remember to set it back to Always Enabled.

CBR929
      Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Hey... I tried both suggestions, separately and together and neither one made any difference; same events resulting in the same results.
        What else do you have up your sleeves?
        And... Thank you for your help.

Comment

Hi betsyg
          Please download the latest version here New Version
          CBR929
          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

@betsyg
            Please do what my friend CBR929 said - use new version.
            However, you have custom-made DVD, most likely without any protection. As I recall, versions 6 and 7 of DVDFab were pretty good with custom-made content.
            You may want to download either version from here, install (these versions will install in separate folder and will not interfere with current ones), and try to backup your DVD with older version. Please don't forget to disable PathPlayer.
            sigpic

Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

You folks ROCK!!!!

I downloaded and installed DVDFab 8 QT. Launched QT, turned PathPlayer off, restarted the app and was able to Clone my DVD without any issues. As a test, I turned PathPlay back on, restarted the app and was still able to Clone my DVD without any issues. The only difference I noticed between the two runs was that the "Open DVD Source" screen displayed briefly with PathPlayer off and it displayed much longer with it on. Both cloned DVDs play as designed.

I like the new DVDFab startup after all these years. The only thing I noticed about the app when running is that the percent sign (%) was missing when the curser rested on the icon in the task tray - only the number appeared.

Thank you very much for your help.

Comment

Betsyg,
                I'm glad you found peace
                Don't be a stranger, come back here and see us... preferably without any problems
                sigpic

Comment

Hi betsyg
                  I'm with IPopov50, glad it worked for you.
                  CBR929

Comment

Working...
                  X