Problems installing DVDFab v8.0.9.7 Qt Beta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems installing DVDFab v8.0.9.7 Qt Beta

When installing DVDFab v8.0.9.7 Qt Beta, I receive the following error...

DVDFab.exe - Application Error

The instruction at "0x02b04a77" referenced memory at "0x001dd1b4". The memory could not be "read".

Click on OK to terminate the program
    Click on CANCEL to debug the program

OK Cancel

I have never had this problem before when trying to install a new version of DVDFab. I am running Windows XP Professional SP3 with 4 GB of Ram and a AMD Athlon 64 processor. Other programs I install work great except DVDFab. Any suggestions? Anyone?

Originally posted by c0afanh View Post
    When installing DVDFab v8.0.9.7 Qt Beta, I receive the following error...

DVDFab.exe - Application Error

The instruction at "0x02b04a77" referenced memory at "0x001dd1b4". The memory could not be "read".

Click on OK to terminate the program
    Click on CANCEL to debug the program

OK Cancel

I have never had this problem before when trying to install a new version of DVDFab. I am running Windows XP Professional SP3 with 4 GB of Ram and a AMD Athlon 64 processor. Other programs I install work great except DVDFab. Any suggestions? Anyone?
    I am not trying to be ignorant, but I posted an issue that I am having when trying to install DVDFab and so far I got not replies back out of 292 views. Can someone please help me!!!!!!

Comment

Hi c0afanh
      Have you tried 8098 found here http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=13274
      CBR929
      Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
        Hi c0afanh
        Have you tried 8098 found here http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=13274
        CBR929
        I just tried v8.0.9.8 and I keep getting the same result. I never had this issue before. Can you please help and any other suggestions? Please help!

Comment

Hi c0afanh

A few other members had this problem a few versions back. One in particular solved his issue here is his thread please give it a read through http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=12986&page=3 his post #112 is where he had found the problem.
          Hope this helps you
          CBR929
          Last edited by CBR929; 06-09-2011, 02:15 AM.
          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

Hi c0afanh

A few other members had this problem a few versions back. One in particular solved his issue here is his thread please give it a read through http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=12986&page=3 his post #112 is where he had found the problem.
            Hope this helps you
            CBR929
            I installed the 3 programs you recommended and still I have the same issue. Any other suggestions?

Comment

Hi c0afanh

Hope this helps you
              CBR929
              I have found what is causing the issue when trying to install DVDFab v8.0.9.7 QT and v8.0.9.8 QT. In Windows XP Professional SP3, the Data Execution Prevention (DEP) is not allowing the DVDFab program to install. I even set it to off and still I keep getting the same error message as before. So far, I have tried other methods to resolve the issue I am having and still no luck. Additionally, I have read in several other posts that most people who are running Windows XP SP3 are having the same or similar issues of what I am going through. Furthermore, I have read in one post that the developers of DVDFab are aware of the problem, but can't seem to find it or resolve the issue. Ever since DVDFab did the upgrade from DVDFab to DVDFab QT, there have been more and more issues with it. I really do feel that it may be time to either fix the issues that are going on with the QT version of DVDFab or go back to the regular version of DVDFab. I hope the developers can really find and resolve the issue(s) that many of their customers are having when trying to install DVDFab QT into Windows XP SP3 and even in Windows 7. I would be glad of any one in this forum has any other suggestions.

Comment

Hi c0afanh
                If you suspect that it is the DEP setting, you will need to use the setting Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select.

Click the Add button, navigate to where you had the install go double click the DVD Fab installer click apply and try it again.
                CBR929

Comment

Hi c0afanh
                  If you suspect that it is the DEP setting, you will need to use the setting Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select.

Click the Add button, navigate to where you had the install go double click the DVD Fab installer click apply and try it again.
                  CBR929
                  I performed the tasks you recommended CBR929 and still, I get the same error message. I even want as far as checking my registry files and they turned up to be ok. I also performed a virus scan twice on my computer and it came up clean. All of my cookies are also deleted as well. I am running out of ideas on how to fix the issue. I just seen a post to where it stated that v8.0.9.8 QT may have a little bug. I am now wondering if that may be causing the issue when trying to install DVDFab QT.

Comment

Have you ran a memory test?

Comment

Originally posted by Gummigutta View Post
                      Have you ran a memory test?
                      I just ran a memory test on the RAM and Hard Drives and both came out ok. Any other suggestions?

Comment

Hi c0afanh
                        Please give my post here a read through http://forum.dvdfab.com/showpost.php...2&postcount=22 and also this post http://forum.dvdfab.com/showpost.php...38&postcount=6

On the second post try doing the install To Do This and change the install numbers to the version you are installing, do not leave it at DVD Fab8Qt, change the install names as outlined to DVD Fab8098QT

I am just curious if it is trying to access DVD Fab8 instead of DVD Fab8Qt,
                        doing it this way it will install in its own folder separate from the other versions.

CBR929

Comment

Hi c0afanh
                          Please give my post here a read through http://forum.dvdfab.com/showpost.php...2&postcount=22 and also this post http://forum.dvdfab.com/showpost.php...38&postcount=6

On the second post try doing the install To Do This and change the install numbers to the version you are installing, do not leave it at DVD Fab8Qt, change the install names as outlined to DVD Fab8098QT

I am just curious if it is trying to access DVD Fab8 instead of DVD Fab8Qt,
                          doing it this way it will install in its own folder separate from the other versions.

CBR929
                          I will give the second post a try. It sounds better. The first post sounds good, but I do not like to mess around with the windows registry. I will post if I resolved my issue by trying out the instructions given by the second post.

Comment

Originally posted by c0afanh View Post
                            I will give the second post a try. It sounds better. The first post sounds good, but I do not like to mess around with the windows registry. I will post if I resolved my issue by trying out the instructions given by the second post.
                            I performed the task exactly as you instructed and still, I keep getting the same error message.

Comment

Hi c0afanh
                              Sorry to hear that it did not work.
                              CBR929

Comment

Working...
                              X