This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can no longer write dvd's

after last update on 11/11/09, I can no longer write to dvd. I can copy a movie, but when it starts to write, it fails to initiate and I get error code 122.
    I am using Verbatim dvd+r which I have always used. I also recently downloaded updates to windows vista. does this have anything to do with it? Help!!!!!!

122 HWS_FAILED_CALIBRATING 22 // Write failed at the beginning of the media (often a media that is poorly supported by the drive)

Post a burn log so we can see what type of drive you're using and if it has a firmware update.

I doubt it's the updates for Vista thats caused this. I suspect it's the VSO burn engine being buggy and has been for many users. Try ImgBurn, many users believe it's the best burn program on the planet (including myself). The link is in my sig and watch Troy512's video on how to set it up with Fab and to set the write speed per media id (watch in HD for a better viewing experience). If you rather stick with the VSO burn engine then visit their support site Here

Comment

Yup, ^ what Wild and Blue said.
      If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Working...
      X