4700mb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4700mb

I have single layer discs that are 4.7G. I have tried to change the size of the disc to 4700mb in the custom area of the tools section (dvd5). EVERY time I try to write a movie DVDFAB says that this is a single layer disc and a double layer is required. I have changed all settings I can think of (on the main screen I make sure it is set dvd5 and in the write section of the tools menue I make sure it is set dvd5) how do I get it to accept 4700mb discs?

Originally posted by fire835581 View Post
    I have single layer discs that are 4.7G. I have tried to change the size of the disc to 4700mb in the custom area of the tools section (dvd5). EVERY time I try to write a movie DVDFAB says that this is a single layer disc and a double layer is required. I have changed all settings I can think of (on the main screen I make sure it is set dvd5 and in the write section of the tools menue I make sure it is set dvd5) how do I get it to accept 4700mb discs?
    You cannot put 4700 mb on a 4.7gb disc.

The software default is 4300mb and you can go to 4472mb if using top quality disc.

Do not go above 4472 and 4400 would be better.

Comment

And if you are wondering what the deal is, manufacturers of blank DVDs use standard base 10 math where a megabyte = 1,000,000. Computers use binary math where a megabyte = 1,048,576. Why they do that
      How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
      Albert Einstein

Comment

Kinda like a 500 GB hard drive will not hold 500 GB of data.

Comment

Originally posted by Gruñón View Post
          Kinda like a 500 GB hard drive will not hold 500 GB of data.

My 500GB formats to 465GB, if you want 500GB you'll need to buy a 600GB drive.
          How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
          Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
          X