Problem Reading DVDs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem Reading DVDs

I'm having problems with my PS3 reading my burned discs. I've searched the forums and the general solution seems to be that I'm using bad media/burning too quickly. However I've used the exact same media for a while and only recently have I had trouble reading the burned copies. Also - I installed IMGBurn and set the burn speed to 4x but still the same results.

Any help/suggestions much appreciated!
    Attached Files

Originally posted by dwinn View Post
    I'm having problems with my PS3 reading my burned discs. I've searched the forums and the general solution seems to be that I'm using bad media/burning too quickly. However I've used the exact same media for a while and only recently have I had trouble reading the burned copies. Also - I installed IMGBurn and set the burn speed to 4x but still the same results.

Any help/suggestions much appreciated!
    Hi dwinn
    Please update to the latest version found here Latest Version

And what you have read, is your problem.
    I 07:45:23 Destination Media Type: DVD+R (Disc ID: RITEK-F16-01) (Speeds: 2.4x, 4x)
    I 07:45:23 Write Speed: 4x

Try installing the latest version, and set up the AWS in ImgBurn to burn at 1/2 the rated speed of your disc's, which in this case will be 2.4x

Give this a try and post back.

CBR929

EDIT Your drive also has a firmware update, if you choose to update it you will find it here NEC ND-2510A

Note If you do not know how to flash your drive do not do it, it will render your drive useless.
    Last edited by CBR929; 06-14-2011, 01:22 AM.
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Still no dice

I'm not 100% sure but I believe my burner can go up to 8x, the media says 16x. In any case I went through previous parts of the VSO burn log, to a disc that I know was successfully read by the PS3, and it was burned at 4x...

Anyways I tried reducing it to 2.4x write speed and still no luck.

Looking over the differences in the VSO burn logs I notice two warnings that appears to be in the log for all non readable discs. Do the following mean anything?

2011-06-07 00:48:52 Info FINALISATION [ 0:48:52]: Close disc - Completed with warning "Code 05 72 03 [Illegal request, incomplete track in session]"
      2011-06-07 00:48:52 Info FINALISATION [ 0:48:52]: Close track - Completed with warning "Code 00 00 00 [No sense information.]"
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi dwinn
        If you read your logs, you disc MID says that your disc have a speed of (Speeds: 2.4x, 4x)
        Your drive is either dying, it needs the firmware update, you have a bad batch of disc's, or as I have stated your disc's are garbage and your drive knows it.

Have you tried taking a disc further down in the spindle, to see if you get the same results.

Also try taking one of your disc's that you burned and did not work and put it in your drive open ImgBurn > Tools > Drive > Close > Disc, and see if the disc will work now.

CBR929
        Last edited by CBR929; 06-15-2011, 12:33 AM.
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

First - Thanks for your help & suggestions!

I glanced over the FW update before my 2nd post. I have done that and I am trying again. If this doesn't work I will try a DVD from the middle of the bundle. I'll let you know.

Comment

Well still nothing. New FW. Used disc halfway down the spindle. Tried 'closing' the discs in ImgBurn.

The burner is rather old, and I guess needs replacing. Any suggestions? Looking at this one.

Also, since not all media are created equal, what do you recommend? Verbatim seems to be mentioned often. Any specific model? Will these do?

Comment

Hi dwinn
              The burner you posted is a good burner, I have a LG and Liteon in my rig but favor the LG.

One thing you have to consider in choosing your drive is do you have SATA Connectors on your mother board, and a SATA power connector on your power supply.
              If so then definitely go with SATA.

Being this is an OEM drive you must make sure that it comes with a SATA cable for connecting your drive to your mother board.

As far as the media goes those DVD+R & DVD-R have the AZO dye on the package, and are the only Verbatim SL DVD to buy.
              See pic

CBR929
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X