Source Disc Type: Unknown, Disc not opened

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Source Disc Type: Unknown, Disc not opened

System: Vista Home Premium, Svc Pack 2, Intel Core 2 CPU 6300 @ 1.86GHz, 32 bit, 4.00 GB Ram

The software does work on other DVD's. However, on Dave Ramsey Financial Peace University, made in Hong Kong by the Lampo Group. The DVD Fab software under "Common Settings" , "Info",
    Disc type: Unknown
    Disc is not opened

This disc will not open and therefore will not permit copying.

I have tried getting the disc playing using Media Player and then opening DVD Fab. Have tried putting the disc in the drive after DVD Fab is opened neither have changed the outcome.

I have tried loading the passkey-lite driver as well.

Thanks for any assistance you can render on my behalf.

My thought is that what you have is not DVD VOB movie and is the reason DVDFab says --Disc type: Unknown

You might disable Pathplayer and use the clone mode to get a copy but I doubt it will work.

Comment

It was so simple...

Wow! what a simple solution... The front of the discs say they are DVD's, even the sleeve they came in are labeled as DVD's. When I bought them from Dave Ramsey they were supposed to be DVD's. However, after doing as you suggested they are CD's.

Thank you for your suggestion to check, it is so simple it's a little embarrassing...

Thanks,

Fitz1

Comment

Working...
      X