Finalizing ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finalizing ??

Hello I'm a new user, & Just bought DVD Fab 8... I tcopied a movie several times & each time it said copy was successful, but wouldn't play in my DVD player. So one time I put the same original movie in & it said do you want to Copy using DVD Fab 5, so I said yes, & voila success it plays. I copied several more the same way, & it went to Copy Main Movie.. Of course I'm happy with being able to finally copy, but Why wouldn't it copy just by clicking on Copy??? I also noticed that after it used Fab 5, it went through a finalizing stage.. Can my othe discs still be finalized in DVD Fab.??
    Thanks in advance..

Originally posted by johnnyo View Post
    Hello I'm a new user, & Just bought DVD Fab 8... I tcopied a movie several times & each time it said copy was successful, but wouldn't play in my DVD player. So one time I put the same original movie in & it said do you want to Copy using DVD Fab 5, so I said yes, & voila success it plays. I copied several more the same way, & it went to Copy Main Movie.. Of course I'm happy with being able to finally copy, but Why wouldn't it copy just by clicking on Copy??? I also noticed that after it used Fab5 , it went through a finalizing stage.. Can my othe discs still be finalized in DVD Fab.??
    Thanks in advance..
    Are you using DVDFAB 8 or DVDFab 5?

Post your logs.
    See attachment.
    Attached Files

Comment

Please post the info requested by my good friend Gruñón
      It'll cut down on the guesswork and help us offer more specific advice.

Yes, you can force finalization (close session) with a variety of software including Fab, Img, Nero, etc.

Re: Fab, this looks complicated, but it really is just seconds:

Right click on the Fab Icon >
      Left click Properties >
      Left click Find Target >
      Left click PcSetup.exe >
      Left click on the + in front of Patin-Couffin driver >
      Now left click once to select your burner >
      Right click on the selected burner >
      Navigate to the bottom of the dropdown to Finalize the media

//Edit
      Sorry, I haven't tried this in a long time. The instructions I posted for Fab are outdated since the release of Fab 8xxx
      Img will finalize as follows:
      Img > Tools > Drive > Close Track/Session/Disc
      Last edited by maineman; 06-25-2011, 02:13 AM.
      If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Working...
      X