Can't read new disks for "True Blood" S3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't read new disks for "True Blood" S3

Version 8.1.0.0 Qt won't read any of the disks for True Blood Season 3. With brand new disks, it reads to about 67% on each of the disks and encounters a "read error". Same with Version 8.0.8.5. I have tried with path player both on and off. Will 8.1.0.3 fix this? No mention of a change to deal with a new encoding trick in the release notes, so I didn't think it would help. Perhaps a fix will be along later?

MicRmac

Can you see any scratched or dust on the disc surface?

Comment

I did not have a problem with these discs in R1 so it is probably not a copy protection issue.

Comment

The disks look absolutely clean and scratch free.
        Since Complication successfully copied the disks can he list the settings and procedure he used?

Mic R Mac

Comment

Originally posted by micrmac View Post
          Mic R Mac
          No matter what it looks like clean one and try it to see if it helps.

¿Have you ever cleaned the lens in your drives?

Comment

Since Complication successfully copied the disks can he list the settings and procedure he used?
            Full Disc to hard drive.

Comment

Mic R Mac
              Do you also have the region 1 version of the disc?

Comment

Cleaning had no effect.
                Not sure of the region number. The disks were procured in Arkansas, USA.
                It seems strange to me that the hangup is at about 67% on each of the 5 disks.
                They all play without skips on my Samsung player.
                I was trying to copy from DVD full disk to a DVD single layer disk with compression to 4300 capacity, and pathplayer on. I was able to copy Season 2 disks, procured about 9 months ago with the same settings.
                With pathplayer off, the disks never complete the initial scan.

Comment

This happens to me for True Blood Season 3 also, except I have the bluray discs. My version of dvdfab is 8.1.1.2.

I get a disc read error near the end of the process for each disc. If I choose to "ignore all" it eventually finishes, except for disc 4. I tried ripping the episodes from dvdfab's output using makemkv, but most of the episodes are corrupt and could not be saved.

I've had no trouble with Season 2 or any other blurays I've used dvdfab for. The discs for Season 3 are new and clean with no scratches.
                  Last edited by braigo64; 09-11-2011, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by braigo64 View Post
                    This happens to me for True Blood Season 3 also, except I have the bluray discs. My version of dvdfab is 8.1.1.2.

I get a disc read error near the end of the process for each disc. If I choose to "ignore all" it eventually finishes, except for disc 4. I tried ripping the episodes from dvdfab's output using makemkv, but most of the episodes are corrupt and could not be saved.

I've had no trouble with Season 2 or any other blurays I've used dvdfab for. The discs for Season 3 are new and clean with no scratches.

OK... Time for something a little more drastic...

Get your hands on either Nero Disc Speed or VSO Inspector (both freebies on the web). Allow Fab to open one of the problem discs (do NOT start a copy process), run either Nero or VSO right over Fab, and start the scan process.

Any errors reported by the scan process will point to a defective disc problem, and they should then be returned to the point of purchase for a replacement (of hopefully better quality).

DC

Comment

Working...
                    X