This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Playback problem

I have been using DVD Fab to back up my DVDs for a number of years now without any problems at all. What I normally do is copy the disc to a file on my hard drive and burn it using Nero 6. However, I recently bough a new HP laptop (with a dual layer DVD burner) and since my Nero 6 won't work with Windows 7 (or so I'm told) I decided for the first time to use the VSO burner that comes with DVD Fab. I used a single layer disc and the movie copied without incident. Herein lies my problem, although the copied movie plays on both of my computers perfectly, it will not play on any of my home DVD players. Since the movie is definitely on the back-up disc it obviously burned successfully so I was just wondering if perhaps I have some of my settings incorrect. Can anyone help me out here? Thank you.

I firsty suggest that you change from the VSO Burning engine to ImgBurn which all experienced users on this forum rate as the best and it's free.

There is a great Tutorial on this forum by troy512 how to do this.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Try lowering the burn speed to 8x or 4x speed instead of the recommended that it is set at by default. If you are using DVD+R media put a check next to the booktype to DVD-rom as setting as well. This might not help but is worth a try and I also recommend for you to use ImgBurn as I have not had any issues with playback using that as the burn engine
      Last edited by AGJ; 11-21-2009, 06:28 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Success

First of all I would like to take this opportunity to thank both Gregi Boy and AGJ for their helpful posts. After reading Gregi Boy's post I installed IMG Burn (as you both suggested) and set it up using the tutorial. The disc copied successfully and plays on all of my home DVD players. I have just one more minor question for you though. When I burned the disc I had the write speed set on MAX and, although the recording was successful, I was just wondering - should I leave it set on MAX or can you recommend a good, reliable write speed to leave it set on. Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by Done4it View Post
          First of all I would like to take this opportunity to thank both Gregi Boy and AGJ for their helpful posts. After reading Gregi Boy's post I installed IMG Burn (as you both suggested) and set it up using the tutorial. The disc copied successfully and plays on all of my home DVD players. I have just one more minor question for you though. When I burned the disc I had the write speed set on MAX and, although the recording was successful, I was just wondering - should I leave it set on MAX or can you recommend a good, reliable write speed to leave it set on. Thanks again.
          Watch the YouTube video on how to set up the write speed as that is the easiest way to explain it thanks to troy512 here is the link again http://forum.dvdfab.com/showpost.php?p=55&postcount=2

Comment

Working...
          X