Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Video issues since installing latest version.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video issues since installing latest version.

Since installing the latest version DVDFab I am having video issues on my computer. After restarting my computer it boots into 640 x 480 with 4 bit color. It will not let me change from this lowest setting. My computer is older but I am running the latest video drivers for my card. My computer is a Pentium 4/3.4 GHz with a ATI Radeon x1650 video card running ATIs latest drivers. I am running windows xp pro / service pack 3.

If I attempt to reinstall the drivers I get an error...something like the video drivers are out of date for this version of windows. I can uninstall DVDFab, the video card and drivers, then reinstall the video drivers to fix the issue but as soon as I install DVDFab the problem comes back.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Originally posted by BurgesS View Post
    Since installing the latest version DVDFab I am having video issues on my computer. After restarting my computer it boots into 640 x 480 with 4 bit color. It will not let me change from this lowest setting. My computer is older but I am running the latest video drivers for my card. My computer is a Pentium 4/3.4 GHz with a ATI Radeon x1650 video card running ATIs latest drivers. I am running windows xp pro / service pack 3.

If I attempt to reinstall the drivers I get an error...something like the video drivers are out of date for this version of windows. I can uninstall DVDFab, the video card and drivers, then reinstall the video drivers to fix the issue but as soon as I install DVDFab the problem comes back.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

It's good that your ATI drivers are up-to-date, but Windows has updated their VGA driver which is what you'll have to update to get video control back. If you don't have a utility like Driver Genius, then you'll have to search Google to find the current VGA driver.

DC

Comment

Originally posted by DarthCopier View Post
      It's good that your ATI drivers are up-to-date, but Windows has updated their VGA driver which is what you'll have to update to get video control back. If you don't have a utility like Driver Genius, then you'll have to search Google to find the current VGA driver.

DC

Should this driver have updated itself through automatic updates? I have updates on. Not finding anything via Google. Any help?

Comment

Start here:

sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
        For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Working...
        X