Merge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Merge?

I read in this forum of a similar problem and I am not sure if I just a have a setting set wrongly. I have some double disc DVD's and I want to merge them into one file. I copy both DVD's as separate .ISO files, then I use Merge and that creates one .ISO file. But then when I go to put it in a container (.MKV) it creates separate .MKV files which in turn show up in XBMC as like 5 or 8 separate movie titles.

What am I doing wrong, I want to just have one movie title.

Merge is to combine onto one disc. DVDFab will not combine different titles into a single one. I'm not sure why you would want to, but I believe there is free software out there that would allow you to combine the titles after conversion (try videohelp.com).

Comment

Thank you for the response. The reason why is that when I copy a two disc movie and then I use the container .MKV, it creates a lot of individual files.

Example, the movie Saving Private Ryan will be saved as;

D:\Movies\Saving Private Ryan\ 15 different .MKV's

Then I use XBMC and then open up my "Movies" and I will have 15 Saving Private Ryan movies. It should only be 1 movie, then when I launch the movie I should be able to then click on any of the title tracks from within. Right now I see all 15 title tracks so in order to watch them, I have to click each one, back out to main menu and then click on the next one and so forth. So I am assuming that one .ISO should then not become 15 different .MKV's, it should be one .MKV, but again I am so green on this I need some guidance.

So I am wondering if I am doing something wrong so I am asking about the "Merge" settings; if I missed something or I have some setting wrong? Or maybe .MKV is not the way to go and I should just copy both discs. Or maybe I should not use "Merge" and I should copy via another method.

The end result should be 1 movie title in XBMC and then watching the movie I can access the other things like trailers and what not.

I am new to this so I am sorry if I have to bring you guys down to my entry level, I think DVDFab can do the job, but I am having a hard time getting the end result. Maybe it is a XBMC setting, but before I go there I want to start "upstream" and make sure I have things set correctly before going "downstream". Any help would be greatly appreciated (and settle my brain).

Thanks

Comment

Update - Better yet, I should ask "How" does one copy a double disc DVD as to watch it as one movie entry?

I copied an entire single disc DVD and when I used XBMC, it comes up as one entry and I can access all the trailers and what not from within, once I click on the movie from the main menu. Here is a pic of what is happening.

I want the same thing for 2 disc movies, 1 movie entry to access all trailers and special features of that movie from the one entry at the main menu.

Hopefully I am explaining this correctly.
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X