PLayback does not default to English

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PLayback does not default to English

I can copy and burn fine but when I play the DVD it does not default to English. It will be in French or Spanish every time. You can go to the menu and select English and it plays fine in English until you take the movie out and put it back in again. Does this with all copied movies. I am using the latest DVD Fab and ImgBurn. Thanks!

Originally posted by dchoice824 View Post
    I can copy and burn fine but when I play the DVD it does not default to English. It will be in French or Spanish every time. You can go to the menu and select English and it plays fine in English until you take the movie out and put it back in again. Does this with all copied movies. I am using the latest DVD Fab and ImgBurn. Thanks!
    This is a known problem for some people and there are many posts on the forum regarding the problem.
    Here is a link to one of the threads.

If there is a fix I have not seen it posted.
    I do not have the problem and cannot duplicate it.
    Last edited by Guest; 07-12-2011, 06:12 PM.

Comment

This issue started for me with v8.1.0.6bQT. John Wayne speaking French might be worth it.

Assuming you are using the Customize Mode....
      Perhaps if you uncheck all the other languages except English for the titles you are selecting??? My guess is that playback will be in the only language remaining. This could also apply to unwanted subtitles??

XP Pro SP3 US

Comment

Originally posted by Cincinnati Kid View Post
        This issue started for me with v8.1.0.6bQT. John Wayne speaking French might be worth it.

Assuming you are using the Customize Mode....
        Perhaps if you uncheck all the other languages except English for the titles you are selecting??? My guess is that playback will be in the only language remaining. This could also apply to unwanted subtitles??

XP Pro SP3 US
        You will have the same option using Main Movie.
        Last edited by Guest; 07-12-2011, 10:25 PM.

Comment

Gruñón:

You are correct, Main Movie also.

Comment

I tried un-checking the other languages but that did not work. This has been happening for a while now so it was happening in the previous versions of DVD Fab, not just the recent releases. I did not check the boxes that "jump to the main menu when DVD started" and "change playback order". The last one I burned would then default to English. Maybe a future version of DVD Fab will fix this issue, if not, I will not check the boxes to change playback order. Thanks for your help!

Comment

I'm in the US region 1 so English is always the first (top) selection so I checked the box to always use the fist one and Fab has never selected any other language. See attachment:
              Attached Files
              How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
              Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
                I'm in the US region 1 so English is always the first (top) selection so I checked the box to always use the fist one and Fab has never selected any other language. See attachment:
                Sweet. I have set mine up just like the attachment. Thanks for the picture. I will see if that works next time.

Comment

Be sure English is the only selection in audio streams as well, I'm not sure which one is the deal since what I shared with you says it's for the ripper but it seems to work in DVD Copy too.

Albert Einstein

Comment

I have the setting set as in the picture and it still defaults to Spanish (Not English) currently using v8.1.0.6bQT though this was an issue in v8.1.0.5QT.

Any word on a fix ? - I am currently ripping to a folder then using DVDShrink to get the correct language.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolverine1977 View Post
                      I have the setting set as in the picture and it still defaults to Spanish (Not English) currently using v8.1.0.6bQT though this was an issue in v8.1.0.5QT.

Any word on a fix ? - I am currently ripping to a folder then using DVDShrink to get the correct language.

What movie? And are you ripping the full disk or main movie?
                      Last edited by 90312; 07-21-2011, 05:34 PM.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Full Disk, Time Cop, NEXT_AVENGERS (kids movie), Waiting for Superman, seems to happen on most movies since the last couple of updates (8.1.0.3qt, 5 &6). Its frustrating as the movies have to be re processed with another application to get them correct.

Comment

I don't know about full disk especially if you change the playback order or jump to main title, that has been a problem forever. I don't use full disk especially to a single layer disk.

Albert Einstein

Comment

It's sad that such a main feature of the program is so buggy. I've played with a lot of the competitors software and though they are lacking in the suite of features what they do offer is at least stable.
                            To backup a full DVD with menus etc what is the recommended method if not to use Full Disk ?, Customize and select all but the languages you don't want ?

Comment

When I want it all I use a DL+R and Clone it.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                              X