Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, I finally got it working. thanks to all who contributed suggestions and took time to think about my problem. explorer 7 is not the answer for win2000 because if I am not mistaken explorer 6 is the highest you can go. I installed net framework 2.0 but still nothing.
    it is a system resources problem my system has (had) 256mb sdram. I boosted it up to 1Gb and problem solved, I can duplicate problem at will by bringing sdram back down to 256Mb. this was the furthest culprit from my mind beacuse dvdfab system requirements call for only 256Mb of ram.
    it is possible for 256 to work for some but I guess you would have to be running a pretty lean system
    this morning when I woke up the answer was in my head just like the past 23 years of computer maintenance when a problem gets to be a real dog it turns out to be something simple.
    good luck to the rest of you that have been viewing this thread (there is a lot of interest from what I can see) hope it points you in the right direction.
    kadett

Comment

Thanks 90312, Gator925 and Bean55
      Hey Bill55 hope the thread has helped you.
      kadett

Comment

Thank You kadett

That is some very useful information.

Glad to hear you got it working,and yes it seems to be the simple stuff that stomps us the most.

Removal of new protections may not be available yet in the free version of DVDFab (HD Decrypter)

Help Us Help You :

Troy's excellent tutorial on Setting up ImgBurn with DVDFab :

I use Taiyo Yuden and Verbatim media mainly.
        Trying Falcon D/L media

I use ImgBurn as my main burning engine

Free Media Player VLC

Comment

Glad to hear it kadett. I've kept the old machine out and am using it, I'd forgotten how much I like Windows 2000. I moved the paging file off the single HDD to USB thumb drive (works like ReadyBoost) and really picked up the general performance. Of course it won't make the processor any faster but it has really helped load speeds and saves.
          How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
          Albert Einstein

Comment

I am having the same issue on a computer with windows 2000 and max ram of 512mb.

Please, can someone help?

Comment

Yeah, buy a new one !!!! It's a 10 year old O/S so it's about time.
              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                Yeah, buy a new one !!!! It's a 10 year old O/S so it's about time.
                I was looking for help, not insult. The program claimed that it works on windows 2000, so why not back up that claim?

I am not looking for a fight, just need help. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Daria View Post
                  I am having the same issue on a computer with windows 2000 and max ram of 512mb.

Help please.

Comment

Yes--need more info.

Comment

Originally posted by tli View Post
                      Yes--need more info.
                      Beginning around release 6, the product not launching after a succesful installation on windows 2000. Someone claimed they were able to resolvethis issue by boosting their ram to 1gb, however, my computer ram maxed out at 512mb, and the product only requires 256mb to work.

I hope someone can help me out. Thanks.

Comment

I wasn't trying to be insulting, just realistic.

It is an unreal expectation that you expect a computer and operating system of this vintage and specifications to be able to reliably run software developed 10 years later even though the developers have left that O/S in their specs.

The key is in the previous posts. Resources !!!!

I would suggest that if you free up totally every resource that is take by other stuff running and a minimal installation, your results will be marginal at best.

Also, being quite honest, I can't see the developers wasting too much time trying to resolve such an issue.

I was looking for help, not insult. The program claimed that it works on windows 2000, so why not back up that claim?

I am not looking for a fight, just need help. Thanks.
                        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                          I wasn't trying to be insulting, just realistic.

It is an unreal expectation that you expect a computer and operating system of this vintage and specifications to be able to reliably run software developed 10 years later even though the developers have left that O/S in their specs.

The key is in the previous posts. Resources !!!!

I would suggest that if you free up totally every resource that is take by other stuff running and a minimal installation, your results will be marginal at best.

Also, being quite honest, I can't see the developers wasting too much time trying to resolve such an issue.
                          I appreciate your opinion. One of the fine people in this forum might just be able to assist, you never know.

Comment

I run DVDFab6 successfully on and older Compaq and Windows 2000 but it too has 1GB of memory. If memory serves it has two 512MB modules it and I will pull one and see if it still works? I remember a problem MCDVD had with W2K and he had a Gig of memory and never could make his work, he finally upgraded to XP and problem was solved. So I’m not holding my breath that memory is the issue. Read this thread =
                            How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                            Albert Einstein

Comment

Daria, try downloading DirectX from microsoft it has dsound.dll that appears to be needed by dvdfab.
                              Kadett

Comment

Originally posted by kadett View Post
                                Daria, try downloading DirectX from microsoft it has dsound.dll that appears to be needed by dvdfab.
                                Kadett
                                Kadett, thank you very much, it works like a charm.

Comment

Working...
                                X