Weird problems with this program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird problems with this program

Just downloaded 8.1.0.5 Qt. Tried to copy Close Encounters of The Third Kind, Disc 3. Noticed that the movie's soundtrack was playing in the background while Copying, and it was taking so very long to copy. After 15 minutes, only 13% was copied.

I canceled out and went to an older DVDFab program (5.1.22) and it worked perfectly.

What's going on with 8.1.05??????

hi dtbm 51,
    Please try the lastest build 8106 QT beta http://www.dvdfab.com/mlink/download.php?g=DVDFAB_BETA. What's more, what codec do you use? Please give me some inform.
    Thanks
    terry5

Comment

Sorry, I don't know what a codec is. A little tech-challenged when it comes to computerese. Please advise. I thought a "codec" is for example, DVDFab?? (FYI, I am on 5 not 9, if that's what you're asking.)

I did manage to disengage the auto-sound during copying, which also helped speed up the process.

Is this new beta still the preferred up to date program now? In other words, if I feel the 8.1.0.5 is working for me, do you still suggest downloading this beta one?

I would like to know what a codec is though in either event, for future knowledge. Thank you.

Comment

Hi dtbm51,

What terry5 meant was "Common Settings->General->A/V Codec".

For your problems, please open "Common Settings/Preview", uncheck
        "Show preview window automatically"
        "play selected source automatically",
        then relaunch DVDFab to copy DVDs, you won't get the annoying background sound again.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,
        --
        Sunny

Comment

Thanks, Sunny. I also noticed that if I click on the little triangle under the video, that too disables the playback, but you do have to do it each time. This is better, thanks again.

Comment

Working...
          X