This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just rip...not burn

DVDFab (free version) is trying to burn using ImageBurn.

I've never had this issue until the 2nd last version of DVDFab. All I want to do is use the Decrypter to rip and put a copy of the ISO on my hard drive...then I shrink it...then burn it. However, lately, different things have been happening. DVDFab is trying to burn it right away (there was something else recently about confirming sections or something)...anyhow, I don't want it to burn it...just rip it.

How can I just get DVDFab to rip it.

Beaker14

Anyone have any ideas? Do I need to clarify further?

Beaker14

Comment

Sorry, I was in the wrong thread.
      Last edited by GregiBoy; 11-22-2009, 12:53 AM.
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Not sure what you mean by that last post...but whatever.

I guess I never noticed ImageBurn starting automatically to burn the image to my hard drive. I assumed that DVDFab did that itself. But there is a window that pops up now that I've never seen...something about "layers"...and I have the option to "Ignore", or "Seemless" or some other stuff. I'm not sure what that is about.

Anyone?

Beaker14
        Last edited by Beaker14; 11-22-2009, 01:23 AM.

Comment

Well you have me confused.
          The free version does not burn and never has.

It will only copy to your hard drive uncompressed.
          Are you by chance using a trial version withing the 30 day trail period?
          This would account for the window you are seeing. Other than that as I said you have me confused.

Comment

Trial version is what I have...just using it for the decrypter.

I just DL'ed the recent version...the first window that pops up is the attached. I was then just selecting "Start DVDFab" at the bottom right. Am I supposed to first hilight the HD Decrypter "option" in the list at the top..then select "Start DVDFab"??

Either way...ImageBurn opens up at the end to burn/write the image to my HD...but I've never noticed it before...and then something about layers or whatever. I wasn't sure what to select on that one, so I just "ignored" and everything was fine. I was backing up Ice Age 3 and Transf 2 last week and everything was fine...didn't see the "layers" thingy. But I was backing up my Star Trek and Tinkerbell 2 today and different things were happening.

Looks like all is good for now.
            Attached Files

Comment

OK in order to save as ISO using the free DVDFab HD Decryptor you need ImgBurn installed because DVDFab uses it to create the ISO. Now as for the layer break ImgBurn gives you choices for what you want to pick I usually preview them all and select the best one but if you not want to do that you can always select ignore I think but I have not done an ISO for a long time.

Comment

Thanks...I don't know what you mean by "pick the best" when it comes to layers...I am not that knowledgable. And you said you haven't created an ISO in a long time...how do you coyp (backup) your DVD's then without creating an ISO? Do you just burn directly?

Perhaps I'll do a little more reading about "layers" and what they are.

Thanks!

Beaker14

Comment

I copy them to TS file instead of ISO. Check out this guide and read the layer break part http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=1777

Comment

Working...
                  X