Can't copy hybrid discs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't copy hybrid discs

On two recently-released DVDs ("Source Code" and "Gone Baby Gone"), DVD Copy gave me an error window titled "Specify the hybrid disc's layer type", and the message within the window says "Please select which layer to be shown", but there is no place for me to select anything. I click OK, the window closes and DVD Copy begins to analyze the disc...and just continues to analyze it forever. I finally have to manually crash the program to make it stop.

NOTE! I changed the program setting under "Hybrid", specifically selecting "DVD". This did not solve the problem.

My PC is only 8 months old, so I don't think it is an obsolete drive.

Please help...

Hi mjeffery,

If your source movie disc is not hybrid disc, there is no need to specify it to DVD in Common Settings/Hybrid.

Please go to Common Settings window, click the "Default" button on the bottom, the Hybrid option will default to "set disc layer type by current UI", then restart DVDFab 8.1.0.6 to copy these two movies again.

Note: Do not check "ask before opeing the disc", it may interrupt the regular DVDs reading.

Regards,
    mona

Comment

Drive Problem Maybe?

I saw two other people with this same problem on here and it only started after they upgraded to the new released software..turned out it was their drive..it has issues with the new software..maybe that could be it?..do you have another drive to try?

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
        Hi mjeffery,

If your source movie disc is not hybrid disc, there is no need to specify it to DVD in Common Settings/Hybrid.

Please go to Common Settings window, click the "Default" button on the bottom, the Hybrid option will default to "set disc layer type by current UI", then restart DVDFab 8.1.0.6 to copy these two movies again.

Note: Do not check "ask before opeing the disc", it may interrupt the regular DVDs reading.

Regards,
        mona
        No change. DVDFab insists that it is a hybrid disc when in fact it is not. Worse, the Hybrid option keeps reverting back to "CD", which it never did before. No matter how many times I change it (either manually or via the "Default" button) and restart the software, it insists on "CD".

Also, I used a demo package of another DVD copying program, and it was able to copy the same DVD just fine. Not trying to be snarky here -- just pointing out that there appears to be absolutely nothing wrong with my drive or computer nor is there a problem with the DVD itself, since the other program was able to copy with no hitch. I have used DVDFab for a long time and have been generally very happy with it, and therefore I'd like to stick with it. But would like to resolve this problem.

For what it's worth, here is the log file of the many attempts I made today with your suggested settings plus a few others. Each session just stops because in each case I had to manually crash the program to make it stop.

DVDFab 8.1.0.6 (2011/07/27 10:20:44)

0m 02.83s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 0 bd2mobile 0 bd23d 1 bd2dvd 1 file2mobile 0 filemover 0
        0m 03.04s: Qt Translator file load success
        3m 59.75s: hybrid disc:
        3m 59.96s: detected dvd
        4m 00.00s: drive E
        4m 00.00s: dvd type 1
        4m 00.00s: volume label SOURCE_CODE

DVDFab 8.1.0.6 (2011/07/27 11:45:16)

0m 00.84s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 bd23d 1 bd2dvd 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1
        0m 00.84s: Qt Translator file load success

DVDFab 8.1.0.6 (2011/07/27 11:46:14)

0m 00.84s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 bd23d 1 bd2dvd 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1
        0m 00.84s: Qt Translator file load success
        0m 19.46s: hybrid disc:
        0m 22.88s: detected dvd
        0m 22.91s: drive E
        0m 22.91s: dvd type 1
        0m 22.93s: volume label SOURCE_CODE

DVDFab 8.1.0.6 (2011/07/27 11:59:08)

0m 00.82s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 bd23d 1 bd2dvd 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1
        0m 00.82s: Qt Translator file load success
        0m 05.05s: hybrid disc:
        0m 05.14s: detected dvd
        0m 05.19s: drive E
        0m 05.19s: dvd type 1
        0m 05.19s: volume label SOURCE_CODE

DVDFab 8.1.0.6 (2011/07/27 11:59:42)

0m 00.79s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 bd23d 1 bd2dvd 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1
        0m 00.79s: Qt Translator file load success

DVDFab 8.1.0.6 (2011/07/27 12:00:03)

0m 00.79s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 bd23d 1 bd2dvd 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1
        0m 00.79s: Qt Translator file load success

DVDFab 8.1.0.6 (2011/07/27 12:01:33)

0m 00.81s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 bd23d 1 bd2dvd 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1
        0m 00.81s: Qt Translator file load success
        0m 32.01s: hybrid disc:
        0m 32.29s: detected dvd
        0m 32.32s: drive E
        0m 32.32s: dvd type 1
        0m 32.32s: volume label SOURCE_CODE

DVDFab 8.1.0.6 (2011/07/27 12:04:05)

0m 00.81s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 bd23d 1 bd2dvd 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1
        0m 00.82s: Qt Translator file load success

Comment

@mjeffery
          From what you are describing, I can tell that most likely some file(s) in DVDFab got corrupted. This often happens when multiple software of same kind are installed. Especially demos (but that's different story).
          What I would suggest you to do is this:
          (a) Uninstall that demo, clean registry with CClean (or similar)
          (b) Restart computer (cold restart)
          (c) Uninstall DVDFab, delete old installer and clean registry
          (d) Restart computer (cold restart)
          (e) Download new installer from link on this forum and install DVDFab over again "as administrator", register and make up all settings, e.g. set "Hybrid" as Default as Mona said.
          (f) run test and report back here
          Last edited by IPopov50; 07-27-2011, 04:58 PM.
          sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
          For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
          For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Having the same exact problem. Hybrid Disc type won't change from CD. Are you using a Blu-Ray drive to load the movie? When I try it on my DVD drive it loads up fine but get the problem on my Blu-Ray drive. Works on the Blu-ray drive in DVDFab6.

Comment

Problem Solved!

Originally posted by IPopov50 View Post
              @mjeffery
              From what you are describing, I can tell that most likely some file(s) in DVDFab got corrupted. This often happens when multiple software of same kind are installed. Especially demos (but that's different story).
              What I would suggest you to do is this:
              (a) Uninstall that demo, clean registry with CClean (or similar)
              (b) Restart computer (cold restart)
              (c) Uninstall DVDFab, delete old installer and clean registry
              (d) Restart computer (cold restart)
              (e) Download new installer from link on this forum and install DVDFab over again "as administrator", register and make up all settings, e.g. set "Hybrid" as Default as Mona said.
              (f) run test and report back here
              Brilliant! Copy function now works just fine. Just for the record, I played it safe and, after wiping out all trace of 8.1.0.6 Beta, I installed 8.1.0.5 instead. Very many thanks.

[Note to DharmaBummed69 -- I have just one Blu-Ray drive, so maybe there was some file corruption that caused a conflict with the drive. Can only suggest you try the uninstall/reinstall process too.]

Comment

Originally posted by mjeffery View Post
                Very many thanks.
                You are welcome, glad to help.
                Don't be a stranger, come back to forums even if you don't have problems.
                sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
                For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Problem is in v8.1.0.6. Un-installed and just reinstalled 8.0.1.5 no reg cleaning or ccCleaner and it works as it's suppose to. Re-install 8.0.1.6 and Hybrid Disc problem back. Re-install 8.0.1.5 and back to normal. Problem is not corrupt installation.

Comment

Also not all drives support hybird discs...... u may want to check on that i just am starting source code and i know my drive supports them but i aint sure if sourec code is one yet im just gettin started on it, but i did notice in the menu no matter what option u pick under hybird-disc and hit ok and save then go back in menu its auto revert to CD so i dont know whats thats all about....

Comment

Working...
                    X