Several Fox movies won't work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Several Fox movies won't work

Just wondering if anybody else is having same problems as me? The movies Limitless, The Warrior's Way, Take Me Home Tonight, and Big Mommas: Like Father Like son which are all Fox movies just sit there and do nothing, when I try to open it says no disc. Others I've had problems with are The Eagle and Source Code, I can hear it trying to read disc but then it says no disc. True Romance 2 disc directors cut is another one that just sits there. Other recent movies such as Insidious and The Lincoln Lawyer worked fine. I didn't notice any other threads with this same issue. Thanks for any advice.

Just a question. When last time you cleaned your optical drive? You may consider doing that.
    Last edited by IPopov50; 07-28-2011, 06:28 AM. Reason: typo
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

No problem here with Big Mommas: Like Father Like son or Source Code using Ver. 8106qt, probably a drive issue as IPopov50 suspects or defective disc maybe?

Comment

Yeah no problem here with The Lincoln Lawyer or The Eagle. Or ne thing else i have made recently... actuly gona do source code well in like a few mins so ill let ya know. lot of people dont relize some problems have to do with ur blank discs and ur drives. I have 2 brand new drives a 24x dvd drive witch is fastest they come right now and i have a 12x blu ray drive witch is fastest they come right now and i use nothing but DVD+R discs and only Sony brand and i have never had one coaster ever since i started burning with this setup, meaning i have never made a coaster in my life, i have had things that wouldnt even start writing befor but after some changes with software got around it but never had to throw away 1 disc....

Comment

Originally posted by IPopov50 View Post
          Just a question. When last time you cleaned your optical drive? You may consider doing that.
          Can you recommend a product to clean the optical drive with? Thanks

Comment

just ne disc based cleaning disc best versions use real hairs like camel hair they are attached to the bottom of a disc u put in the drive and let run for awhile...

i have a few of them 1 i happen to have sittin in front of me is a game doctor excelerator with cyclone clean process that came with 2 discs one regular size 12cm disc and one of them small 8cm cds to use in all diffrent things and a extra thing it does to look for is that it demagnetizes also and on the top side of the disc around the center it has like a fuzzy surface half way from start of disc going out wards to middle of disc and that helps suck up and stick dust to it from top side to get ne extra that might fly around i guess.

Comment

just to let u know so far source code decrypted fine and only took 13 mins total and im gona throw my disc in to start the copy in a second....

done burning only took 9 minutes no problem at all just lettin u know...

Comment

I had no problem with The Warrior's Way with 8.1.0.5

Comment

Thanks for all the responses. I didn't think about a dirty optical drive since it would work with some badly scratched discs and the ones I was referring to were all brand new, but I tried cleaning it anyway with the same results as before. Kinda of a hit and miss situation. The movie the Task and Scream of the Banshee worked with fab version 8.08.5 but not with 8.1QT. Shrink also handled these 2 fine, but then Source code, Limitless, Dylan Dog, warriors way, Take me home tonight, Big Mommas, and the Eagle will not work with any version of fab or shrink

Comment

Hi newbie69
                    Try resetting your drives DMA, Open Fab Click the Green top right > General > make sure Check for DMA Automatically is Checked and also Click the Reset DMA to the right click OK and restart Fab.
                    CBR929
                    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by newbie69 View Post
                      Thanks for all the responses. I didn't think about a dirty optical drive since it would work with some badly scratched discs and the ones I was referring to were all brand new, but I tried cleaning it anyway with the same results as before. Kinda of a hit and miss situation. The movie the Task and Scream of the Banshee worked with fab version 8.08.5 but not with 8.1QT. Shrink also handled these 2 fine, but then Source code, Limitless, Dylan Dog, warriors way, Take me home tonight, Big Mommas, and the Eagle will not work with any version of fab or shrink
                      Limitless and Source code wont work in my pc running xp sp3, but will work on my pc with win7 enterprise edit, must be an xp problem.
                      Necessity is the Mother of Invention

Comment

Working...
                      X