This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab DVD copies are skipping and freezing

First thing is that you have been not nice, locking my older thread! If you think that I am a pirate or whatever you call it, you are totally wrong!!!! I buy around dozen original dvds every month... yes that is around 144 every year, how much do you buy? And I am asking all of you around here as well!!!!!

And I am a customer that I have DVDfab purchased and not stolen like many others around here!

And if you have a question, just ask and I will answer right away!

Now please be nice, polite and whatever you call it and help me solve my problem.

I installed a trial of other software and the problem is gone. So what is wrong with DVDfab and ImgBurn?

Original Thread:

Hi,

last month my DVD copies are skipping and freeze.

I tried different media, I even went and bought a new burner. I tried different speed when burning but still is skipping and freezing. I had way to much stuff on my computer. I was down to less than 5% free disk on my hard drive. I got rid of a lot of old stuff and got it to 25% free space and I ran disk defragmentation. But the problem is still there. Regarding media.... I still believe it is not the problem because I been using this media for 5 years without any problem. I also tried a copy with same media burned with another computer on the standalone dvd player and it works fine so the problem is not the standalone as well.

The problem happens with both softwares, DVDfab and ImgBurn. I use DVDfab for copying from Original and Imgburn for copying from another copy.

Any help please?
    Last edited by Guest; 08-14-2011, 09:03 PM. Reason: Policy

Hi emvella
    My locking of your other thread was due to Observance of Copyright Laws
    Your logs show that you are downloading movies and burning them, that my friend is against the law and is not allowed on this forum.
    This is not open for debate and your rant will not be tolerated, if you continue this, you will be given a vacation from this forum.

I can tell you exactly why you were having problems.
    The disc you are using are considered garbage
    Media ID: RITEKF1
    Also you are burning these garbage disc's at max speed
    Writing speed requested x16.0, effective x16.0
    Available write speed: 16x ,12x ,8x ,6x
    I suggest you follow the instructions in the link in my signature and set up ImgBurn and AWS in ImgBurn to 1/2 the rated speed of your disc.

I do not know why you switched from Verbatim to these garbage disc's.
    If you would like help we will do this in a civilized manner.

Post only current logs and nothing other than original DVD copies.
    CBR929
    Last edited by CBR929; 08-14-2011, 09:28 PM. Reason: text
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

I think you are not helping at all! RITEKF1 discs has nothing to do with the problem because I've been using these discs for over 5 years. And I also burned these discs on another computer and they work well. And as I already said, that I installed other software trial and they are also working fine! The problem is occuring when I am burning with DVDfab and ImgBurn.

Oh and I also tried Verbatim discs and they are freezing as well.

Comment

@emvella
        what A/V settings are you using for conversions? Have you tried to play your re-encoded content using software player (on your computer)? What player you were using? Is playback OK?

* Also, please stop arguing with moderator. It's unproductive and leading you straight to a ban.
        sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
        For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

On the computer they play all fine, they only freeze on my standalone player.

<<<<<<what A/V settings are you using for conversions?>>>>>>>

You mean settings of Dvdfab?

Comment

@emvella
            Yes, A/V Settings in DVDFab.
            sigpic

Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Comment

@emvella
                Have you tried to disable Lightning Recording? If not, please do, convert again and burn @ 6x speed max for your media. If you have another pack of media, try it.
                Try playback and report here.
                sigpic

Comment

Hi and thanks for your help. But the problem i's not occuring only in DVDfab, even with ImgBurn I am still having the same problem. I think that the problem is not the settings of DVDfab but I still will do as you suggest.

Comment

@emvella
                    Yes, you're right, process of burning plays significant role. However, I can't discount codec itself. If your software player plays this content fine doesn't mean hardware player will do the same. Software like DVDFab always uses current codecs and regularly updating them, and if you never updated your player's firmware, conflicts like one you have described inevitable. I'm pretty sure you have not updated firmware of your player... As an alternative, you can try to use older versions of DVDFab and see if older codec will produce content your player likes.
                    sigpic

Comment

But the trial of [other software] is the latest version and burned dvds with it, work without any problem in the stand alone dvd player without any conflicts!
                      Last edited by IPopov50; 08-15-2011, 01:52 AM.

Comment

Hi emvella
                        Your posts have been edited for mentioning other, please do not do it again.
                        CBR929
                        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Working...
                        X