Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing the Hybrid Disc Layer Type: with DVDFab 8.1.1.2

Hi,
    I am getting "Changing the Hybrid Disc Layer Type:" with DVDFab 8.1.1.2 Qt on any DVD that I put into my drive. It just hangs. I have a new computer with clean install of Windows 7 Ultimate SP1, no other software installed, just DVDFab installed. My DVD burner is a LG WH10LS30. There is NO firmware updated on this DVD burner.

I installed an older version of DVDFab 8.1.0.5 Qt and this version works correctly and goes straight to "Open DVD Source". This version seems to work perfectly with NO issues.

Since DVDFab 8.1.0.5 Qt works and DVDFab 8.1.1.2Qt does NOT on the same computer, I would guess that they made a major software change between these versions.

I have tired a lot of solutions in this forum, but none of them have worked. From what I have seen on some of the other threads, I do not think it is my computer, OS, or DVD burner, if it was the DVDFab 8.1.0.5 Qt would NOT be working.

I think that the DVDFab 8.1.1.2 Qt works on some DVD drives, but not others, maybe the developers can include the LG WH10LS30 on future updates.

If anyone has any suggestions on what to try I do not mind trying.

Thanks

Already a thread about this, apparently its a known issue.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Last edited by Guest; 08-21-2011, 04:15 PM. Reason: Your sarcastic comments are getting old

Comment

Yes, there have been many threads re this problem that started only after the QT versions of DVDFab came out in which the problem was first thought to be because people were using the HP BDDVDRW CH20L burner, me included, and no one else. Now we know it is happening with various burners, Samsung, LG, etc., and that it is a glitch in the QT versions. Hopefully they will come up with a fix soon. Thank you.

Comment

The developers are aware of this and a fix is on the way.
        Originally posted by fengtao View Post
        This is a bug in drive firmware, and we will add an option to disable Hybrid disc support in next version to avoid it.
        Originally posted by 1st!_Blood% View Post
        Summary below devices not work well for reading DVD disk:
        -BDDVDRW CH20L
        -BH10LS30
        -WH10LS30
        -TSSTcorp SH-S202N SB02

In fact, this isn't a bug of Fab. And above devices got and sent the wrong info to Fab, and then Fab read as a hybrid disk. We can't resolve this problem now.
        But as fengtao said, we will provide a simple solution that adding a check box which can enable search Hybrid disc or not in next beta version. Please try again when it out.

Thanks,
        Potti
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

bd vs dvd drives re hybrid disk

Seems many threads have discussed the hybrid drive issue.
          Have seen more suggestions re this issue than any other issue before it.
          Believe Maineman's terrific comments in another thread said it best.
          I know that may volunteers such as Maineman and CBR always do a terrific job and want to second Mainman's comments.
          However back to a solution. What I have found that my BD drive has a problem concerning the hybrid issue and my dvd drive does not and both are in the same computer. So I ask....if that is the problem shouldn't the solution be a rather simple one? Or maybe just me that is too simple.
          Buster

Comment

Working...
          X