Country option DVD FAb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Country option DVD FAb

I just started using version 8.1.1.2 and the option to select country doesn`t appear. The common settings are set to "ask before opening disc". I`ve uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times but no change. Could you help please?
    Attached Files

Click the dropdown arrow and select it from the list. Attachment:
    Attached Files
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Country option DVD FAb

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
      Click the dropdown arrow and select it from the list. Attachment:
      Thank You. The "ask before opening" option is supposed to appear showing all the countries where a specific country can be ticked. I am aware of the dropdown you mentioned, but there still seems to be a problem with the "ask before opening" because it doesn`t ask. It used to in previous versions. I suppose the dropdown selection does the same thing, is that correct?
      Attached Files

Comment

I'm not sure what you're asking? I just set mine to the region I'm in and forget about it. But then I don't rip DVDs from other regions.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Just to make sure we are both on the same page, region coding and RCE are two different things. Region Code Enhanced or RCE is really only found on a hand full of DVDs, FOX is pretty bad about it but not many other studios. RCE was an attempt to prevent playing in a different region even on a region free player. If your concern is just region code, set it to the region you are in and forget about it. I’m sure if you run across an RCE protected DVD it will ask if that’s what you’ve set it to.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Country option DVD FAb

I'm not sure what you're asking? I just set mine to the region I'm in and forget about it. But then I don't rip DVDs from other regions.
            Well, the first option on the drop down is "ask before opening disc" and up it should come showing all countries with a little circle beside each one to be ticked for the country you desire. So, the "ask before opening disc is there on the drop down and should work like it is supposed to.

Comment

Country option DVD FAb

Just to make sure we are both on the same page, region coding and RCE are two different things. Region Code Enhanced or RCE is really only found on a hand full of DVDs, FOX is pretty bad about it but not many other studios. RCE was an attempt to prevent playing in a different region even on a region free player. If your concern is just region code, set it to the region you are in and forget about it. I’m sure if you run across an RCE protected DVD it will ask if that’s what you’ve set it to.
              Yes thank you, i see what you mean. In previous versions it always asked

Comment

Country option DVD FAb

I found that the country/region code popup i.e. "ask before opening disc" is hidden behind the source/target page for some strange reason. Restore down and move the page and there it is. Clicking on the top of it will make it go on top. But i`d like to know how to make it appear on top as it`s supposed to. (see attached)
                Attached Files
                Last edited by julesco; 08-25-2011, 04:35 AM. Reason: error

Comment

Country option DVD Fab

The following explains all>>

Dear all,

DVDFab 8.1.1.2 Qt is out (August 8, 2011):

"What's New:

New: Added support for hybrid disc like DVD/HD-DVD or DVD/Blu-ray on one side of a disc, and user can choose which layer to be shown. Please note: only certain drives can read both layers of a hybrid disc.
                  New: Added "Hybrid Disc" page in Settings window. User can specify which layer to be shown by default: CD, DVD, Blu-ray or HD-DVD, or "Ask before opening the disc".
                  New: Added "Drives" in Settings window, user can specify the drives which should be processed. For example, user can exclude DVDFab virtual drive from processing.
                  New: Improved conversion speed.
                  New: Updated language files.
                  New: Updated VSO burning engine.
                  New: Some minor changes and improvements.
                  Fix: A crash problem on Windows XP in certain cases.
                  Fix: Several problems with Intel Quick Sync when converting.
                  Fix: Two small issues when playing preview automatically.
                  Fix: Preview still play audio when converting.
                  Fix: Improved "Set as default" for profile.
                  Fix: Two issues for commandline parsing.

DVD Copy:

New: Improved "ask region" logic, which will ask user only when needed.

DVD Ripper:

New: Added 5.1 channels audio output for Xbox 360 and iPod/iPhone.
                  Fix: Converted MP4 file cannot be played on PS3 with latest firmware.
                  Fix: No idx/sub files output when using vob.passthrough profile.

Blu-ray Copy:

New: Added new feature to select correct main playlist for certain discs like "Source Code" which has many fake playlists.
                  New: The "Main playlist" was written to "Info" window and internal log.
                  New: Added three options for "How to copy Blu-ray 3D": "Copy as Blu-ray 3D", "Copy as Blu-ray 2D" and "Convert to Blu-ray SBS 3D".
                  New: Added new feature "Copy as Blu-ray 3D" which is actually the "Clone" feature of Blu-ray 3D disc, for easy to use.
                  New: Added new feature "Convert to Blu-ray SBS 3D". User can copy a Blu-ray 3D disc to BD25/BD9/BD5, play it on normal standalone 2D player, and watch it on a 3D TV.
                  New: Added new feature "Convert DTS/LPCM to AC3 audio". It improves compatibility when user copy a Blu-ray disc to BD9/BD5 (AVCHD).
                  New: Improved "ask region" logic, which will ask user only when needed.
                  New: Added support for new Java-based protection.
                  New: Brand new UDF 2.50 parser.
                  New: Brand new m2ts muxer which is fully Blu-ray compatible.
                  New: Improved seek ability for VC1 video source.
                  Fix: Seek problem in certain cases.
                  Fix: TMT playback problem for certain Blu-ray discs.
                  Fix: Two small issues when burning protected disc (BDMV-REC) using VSO burning engine.

Blu-ray Ripper:

Fix: Converted MP4 file cannot be played on PS3 with latest firmware.
                  Fix: Intel Quick Sync problem when converting Blu-ray to PS3.
                  Fix: A/V sync problem when using CoreAVC decoder.

Blu-ray to DVD Converter:

Fix: Cannot convert small title which is less than 2 minutes.
                  Fix: An oversize problem when user choosing multiple audio and subpicture streams"

Best Regards,
                  Fengtao

Closed Thread

Comment

Working...
                  X