Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

French getting priority

Hello all,
    Something very odd is going on that I can't seem to figure out from the setup menu. For whatever reason, if there's an English and French soundtrack to a movie, Fab is encoding the French track as the primary/default. I can see in the menus where I can select which languages are present but can't seem to figure out how to set the default.

Basically, I enjoy classic and modern French cinema from time to time, and I'd like to have those films play in French with English subtitles, but everything else default to English (with English titles available if needed for low-volume situations or if the audio track is unintelligible.

Any thoughts on why this is happening and how I can fix it? Thanks in advance.

I have found that when I choose jump to main title when backing up a movie it will default to another language at play back. That could be a place to check if that is what you are doing also.
    Visualize Whirled Peas.

Comment

Originally posted by gomerz View Post
      I have found that when I choose jump to main title when backing up a movie it will default to another language at play back. That could be a place to check if that is what you are doing also.
      I don't think so because I'm ripping the main movie only, with nothing else from the disk.

Comment

Originally posted by NJRadioGuy View Post
        Any thoughts on why this is happening and how I can fix it?
        Yea, there's one thought for you. Go to Common Settings (little green check-mark in top right corner) -> Streams ->Audio ->select desired language from left window and move it to the right "Preselected Languages" window. That will be your default. Same thing you can do for subtitles
        sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
        For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Originally posted by IPopov50 View Post
          Yea, there's one thought for you. Go to Common Settings (little green check-mark in top right corner) -> Streams ->Audio ->select desired language from left window and move it to the right "Preselected Languages" window. That will be your default. Same thing you can do for subtitles
          That was the first thing I did, but in my case there are two languages I wish to have available, English (first) and French (available but only if I activate it, not by default). In the Audio Streams preferences English is on top, French is the second language, yet for whatever, French continues to be the default regardless of what I do.

Comment

So, remove it.
            sigpic

Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

I don't think you understand what I am trying to accomplish.

When I rip a film, I want both audio tracks to be present. I like to watch films from France or Québec in the French language with English subtitles whenever possible.

However, for every movie like that that I watch, I'll watch 100 films in English. Obviously, I want English (without subtitles on) to be my default language of operation, but I would LIKE TO be able to switch playback to French-audio/English-subtitles-on when necessary.

The problem I face is that while both languages ARE present, French is the default; I want English to be the default and French as a second choice on playback.

Comment

I perfectly understand what you want, and I wish you understand how it works.
                If you have certain language in "pre-selected" list in Settings, DVDFab will pre-select ALL streams of that language. Same applies on subpicture stream.
                Out of all preselected (checked) streams you have to choose which one you want to be a default track by assigning a "default flag" (little blue triangle on a left from checkbox).
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X