X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unusual Region Code message

Greetings all

I have been using DVDFab since V4.x and generally had no problems with it. My circumstances are that I have lived, worked and travelled quite a bit, hence I have picked up CDs and DVDs from all over.

Here in Australia, legislation permits us to re-program our DVD players to Region 0 so we can play disks that we have bought wherever we have lived and travelled. The computer world isn't rather more narrow minded and dictates to owners what they can and cant do. Thus those of us who travel always have Region Code issues that we must get around using software instead of re-programming the hardware that we own.

Onto my particular problem. Until I upgraded to V6.2.05 (11/11/2009) whenever I burned a DVD it just went ahead and did what it was supposed to do. However after upgrading to the latest version, I am now seeing a Warning Box with the heading "Specify the DVD disc's region code." come up each time. This gives me a choice of all 6 geographic Region Codes, even though I know that there are several other ones including "Region 0". The disks I am backing up are set to "Region ALL".

I just cancel that box and proceed to burn. So far I haven't seen any negative results.

Has anyone else experienced this behaviour?
    Cheers
    Denis

Is there not a check box at the bottom that says "don't show this again" or something to that effect? If you are not having problems, check it. I don't think it would hurt to check the region you are in, the backup is region free in any case and the computer don't care. If you have a region free player you're all set.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

That warning is for the removal of RCE (region code enhancement) protection that is different for each region DVD. If you are doing movies that are released in the same country as the DVD player you have then just select that country and choose Don't show this again. If you do a lot of movies from other countries then you need to select the country the DVD is from everytime you do a movie and selecting the Don't show this again will not be a good thing.

Comment

This is what the OP said: "I just cancel that box and proceed to burn. So far I haven't seen any negative results."

I subscribe to: "If ain't broke don't fix it"
        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

Yes I know the OP said that but the OP also said travels a lot and has DVDs from other countries which is why I posted what I did and even if the DVD player is region free it will probably still look for the RCE protection on the DVD

Comment

Howdy, thanks all for your help. I also wrote to DVDFab asking roughly the same Q and here is part of their response.
            "....Hi.

DVDFab automatically change different region code to region 0. Then copied movie can be played on different players....."

I hope that this is of assistance to others who have been caught in my position.

Cheers
            Denis

Comment

Thanks for the update

Comment

Working...
              X