8125 Qt crashing on "Split" function

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8125 Qt crashing on "Split" function

After reading that 8125Qt was needed to do a backup copy of Xfrmrs 3, I upgraded to that version. This version consistently crashes on me. System info: Win 7 Ultimate SP1 running on E7200 processor w/4GB memory.

Symptom: either start DVDFab then load a DVD or load DVD then start DVDFab (order doesn't matter). I see DVDFab scan the disk then it crashes just before you would see the computed title split lists. This crash only seems to happen when the "Split" function is selected. If I start DVDFab before loading a DVD and select "Full" or "Main Movie" for example, the crash doesn't occur. I can then load any DVD and it scans fine. But if I then select "Split", the program crashes, every time.

Wasn't sure what log(s) would be useful, but I can post more info on request.

For what it's worth, here's the output of the Windows 7 crash-catcher-thing (every time I look at this it always lists "ntdll.dll" as the faulting module, which I'm guessing is probably not actually true):

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: DVDFab.exe
    Application Version: 8.1.2.5
    Application Timestamp: 4e844520
    Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll
    Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.17514
    Fault Module Timestamp: 4ce7b96e
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 00032239
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 63ac
    Additional Information 2: 63ace2ebf1e34f83eaaff2b5ba53c908
    Additional Information 3: f2b9
    Additional Information 4: f2b995566a6f25f8b243a33ea3f6ae9b

Thanks.

Hi,
    I could not reproduce the issue on my Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit SP1
    Please uninstall DVDFab first, and then clean installation info, then reinstall DVDFab again and have a try.

Wilson
    Please post your logs the default location is:
    For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
    For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
    If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

I was just trying to backup the new Transformers and the same happened to me. Choose Split and the program crashes (8.1.2.5) instantly. I haven't tried it on other disks yet, assuming it was a Transformer-specific problem. No crash log gets written.

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate SP1.

Comment

Originally posted by zapt View Post
        I was just trying to backup the new Transformers and the same happened to me. Choose Split and the program crashes (8.1.2.5) instantly. I haven't tried it on other disks yet, assuming it was a Transformer-specific problem. No crash log gets written.

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate SP1.
        Hi,
        I try to use Transformers today, when open Split option, DVDFab is closed automatically when selecting Split option.
        The error has been reported to dev.

Wilson
        Please post your logs the default location is:
        For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
        For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
        If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X