copy process too slow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

copy process too slow

I have tried to copy several movies using the new 8.1.2.5 version and it takes anywhere from 58 minutes up, just for the copy process.
    It usually only takes just a few minutes for the copy process and then the burn, maybe a total of 10 - 15 minutes for the whole process.
    Why is it taking so long just to copy now? I have windows XP.

Your drive may reverted to PIO mode, needs to be in DMA mode. Check that.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Or maybe...

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
      Your drive may reverted to PIO mode, needs to be in DMA mode. Check that.
      Or maybe he has the same problem I had with preview continuing to run. It severely slowed my machine down.

I uninstalled and reloaded v8.1.2.0 Qt and it works fine. I tried 2.5 again and had the same problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Toonces T. Cat View Post
        Or maybe he has the same problem I had with preview continuing to run. It severely slowed my machine down.

I uninstalled and reloaded v8.1.2.0 Qt and it works fine. I tried 2.5 again and had the same problem.
        Mine does that too, I just stop the preview and close the preview window before I click the start button - no big shake.

Albert Einstein

Comment

8.1.2.5 QT copy too slow

Sorry but I don't know what "Your drive may reverted to PIO mode, needs to be in DMA mode. " is??

Comment

Try going into common settings, the green circle with the white check, click on general, on the right there will be a button to reset the DMA. See if that works, if not we'll go the long way.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Also, if you don't use the preview, disable it. It will slow the process massively.

Comment

8.1.2.5 QT copy slow

Thanks for the help did what you said, will check again when I back up a new movie.

Comment

Like these guys are saying be sure to stop the preview before you press the start button. It will continue to run in the background and slow progress.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                  X