QT Versions will not burn discs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QT Versions will not burn discs

I updated to the QT version of DVDFAB about a month ago. Since the update to the QT version I have not been able to get a single disc to backup. I currently have the most recent release installed: 8.1.3.2.

When I try to backup a disc I get "Task_2 failed! Error=111" when the burning of the DVD should begin.

I have tried different brands of discs and also tried to burn on two different DVD rewritable drives.

I've tried enabling and disabling the PathPlayer.

I've reset the DMA.

Nothing seems to work.

Any ideas?
    Attached Files

First your logs says----
    INIT ERROR: The burner is already in use. Try later.

Something has your drive locked.

Second all you need to post in regards to logs are the current ones pertaining to the current problem.
    You have posted logs back 13 months using several versions of fab.

Comment

The first and simplest step to try is simply switch to Img for your burn engine.
      Once installed and selected as Fab's default burn engine, it is fully integrated within Fab.

Img is more reliable and configurable.
      VSO can be problematic for many users

Click on the link in my sig for D/L and setup...be certain to configure AWS also
      (Automatic Write Speed).
      It's well worth the couple minutes you'll spend.

If you continue with driver conflicts Img has a built-in utility to help, but hopefully the switch should do it.
      If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Service pack 3 has been out for XP a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Gruñón View Post
          First your logs says----
          INIT ERROR: The burner is already in use. Try later.

Something has your drive locked.

Second all you need to post in regards to logs are the current ones pertaining to the current problem.
          You have posted logs back 13 months using several versions of fab.
          First, yep, I saw that. The problem is I had all applications closed and also killed all processes other than OS required. The issue is that the "Pre-QT" version burned just fine 5 minutes before I installed the QT version. No new software or drivers were installed between the "Pre-QT" version working and burning and the "QT" version(s) which have stubbornly insisted that the drive is in use.

So, the QT versions have all insisted that the drive is in use. I have no other applications using the drive (no other applications opened). I have used Process Explorer to go out and kill processes as well. Nothing is using the drive, but the QT versions have all insisted it is in use.

ImgBurn works just fine and doesn't complain about the drive being in use. So there seems to be an issue with all of the QT versions at least as far as my ASUS A455-5022, 24x DVDRW SATA, Alternative part Number: DRW-24B1ST-25 drives are concerned.

Secondly, I posted the lengthly logs to show how the previous versions had all worked just fine. I thought maybe someone could glean some useful info from what I used to get in a log when the DVD Fab burn engine was working.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by maineman View Post
            The first and simplest step to try is simply switch to Img for your burn engine.
            Once installed and selected as Fab's default burn engine, it is fully integrated within Fab.

Img is more reliable and configurable. ISO can be problematic for many users

Click on the link in my sig for D/L and setup...be certain to configure AWS also (Automatic Write Speed). It's well worth the couple minutes you'll spend.

If you continue with driver conflicts Img has a built-in utility to help, but hopefully the switch should do it.
            Yep, this sure as heck did work and also confirmed that the issues seems to be in the QT versions burning engine. Weird that I never had any issues until I installed the QT version of the software. I wonder if a lot of people are having issues with it burning.

Thanks so much - a great tip!

I do hope that they can get it fixed in DVD Fab, I'd rather burn there if at all possible. The thing that really concerns me is that I just got a Blu Ray burner was was hoping to purchase the Blu Ray modules of DVD Fab. Now I'm not so sure.

I see that ImgBurn should burn BluRay discs as well. Have you had any personal experience using it to do so?

Comment

Originally posted by Gummigutta View Post
              Service pack 3 has been out for XP a long time.
              If it ain't broke...don't let Microsof xxxx it up...
              Last edited by Guest; 12-05-2011, 01:11 AM. Reason: deleted foul language

Comment

Originally posted by safetynet View Post
                If it ain't broke...don't let Microsof xxxx it up...
                safetynet that type of language is not cute and not tolerated on this forum.

Comment

Working...
                X