I need help with this new DVDFab 8Qt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need help with this new DVDFab 8Qt

The older version was alot better. I could put in my Original DVD and it would read it,then it would eject and ask for blank media. I would put it in then it would automatically burn to the blank dvd and be done. This new version dont seem to work that way. When it ask for the blank media and it is put in there it dont automatically start burning it keeps says no media detected so it never will start up to burn. So can someone tell me why it dont???? Do these new versions not do that???? My old version was DVDFab5. Not fancy but worked alot better. I have used Img burn with it too,but it takes me awhile to get it burned with it. Then usually cant figure out how I did it. So what happen to the auto brun process with DVDfab? If I use Img burn I have to use DVDfab with the original dvd and it will save it to my DVDFab folder under full disc. Then I have to close out DVDFab then open Img burn. Sometimes after I burn with img burn there is nothing on the dvd tells me I did it wrong...Please explain this process thats easiest to burn a dvd from a dvd now.

While Fab can now do much more than the older versions such as Fab 5.xxx, it sounds like you don't need it.
    You simply want to copy a dvd right?...so for you, it's just more bells and whistles.

DVD Copy operates the same as it used to... just a simple click to copy.
    With 1 burner you obviously have to swap the discs. With 2 optical drives, just insert both the original and blank, click start and you're done.

I believe VSO *the bundled" burn engine is causing most of your grief, but you also need to configure Fab's settings correctly.

Also, you should use Img as the default burn engine and not as a independent or standalone app.

Please select Img as your default burn engine in Fab's Common Settings.
    I also recommend using the Automatic Write Speed (AWS) in Img.

Click on the
    Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together
    link in my sig below.
    This should answer most, if not all of your questions.

Please spend a few minutes on the DVD Copy tutorial. It will be time well spent. You can access it by clicking the ? mark icon on the upper left of the Fab screen.

You need to properly select your burner as both the Source and Target as it seems you're using only 1 optical disc device

Here's the tutorial for Main Movie:

Hope this helps.
    Let us know...
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

yes I only want to copy a original DVD to a blank DVD. Yes I only have one dvd drive. I switch out the original with the blank dvd in the process. Yes I like the older version it gave me no problems. When I would insert the blank dvd it would automatically start writting to the blank media. Now this new one says still waiting for blank media and will never start. I wish I could find a old version to use. DVD FAB5 was good for me

Comment

Please try what I suggested and post back with your results including your most recent log entries.
        As I said, I suspect most (all) of your problems will be resolved with selecting Img as your default burn engine

The default location for your logs is:
        For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
        or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Working...
        X