Install locks up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Install locks up

I just downloaded the new release, tried to install, and the program stops after clicking next on the selecting to put icon on desktop. I have tried 2 different downloads, both with the same results. Has anyone else had this problem, never had problem before.

Uninstall the older version at first, reboot system, then reinstall.
    May wish to try :-)
    User Manual for DVDFab v10 (pdf)

DVDFab log default location:
    For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab10\Log
    For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab10> Log

DVDFab Player 5:
    For Windows:C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Comment

v8.3.8 Qt install locks up during the setup process when it's trying to finalize the installation.. It just stops and never finishes.. I have to use the Task Manager to kill the process.. I have removed all other versions of DVDfab from my computer and it still happens.. I have never had a problem loading an update from DVDfab before and this is becoming frustrating. I am running winXP sp3..

Comment

Originally posted by colpepper View Post
        v8.3.8 Qt install locks up during the setup process when it's trying to finalize the installation.. It just stops and never finishes.. I have to use the Task Manager to kill the process.. I have removed all other versions of DVDfab from my computer and it still happens.. I have never had a problem loading an update from DVDfab before and this is becoming frustrating. I am running winXP sp3..
        I Tried do a system restore to at least get my older version back because at least that was copying most DVDs before this.. The restore was able to put the old version back on but now it also wont work.. Please help..

Comment

Hi, colpepper

You may need to upgrade the driver for your Graphic Card and then re-install DVDFab to see if that helps.

Malcolm

Comment

Might try running ccleaner to get it to remove all traces of dvdfab.
            I had to do that one time, seem to fix my problem.
            Also 1 time I had to make a temp admin account and install it under that user name. I still keep that account on the computer an only use it to install programs.

Comment

Working...
            X