No announcement yet.

verify disk not working?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In point of fact, VSO (the burn engine that is bundled with Fab) is a 3rd party burn engine, ie., VSO is a separate and distinct company.

While one can argue that Fengtao should take some ownership of this "association", it is what it is.

VSO has a history of being problematic for many users and as I said, its verification process has never been reliable.

Do your discs play ok?
    If yes, why bother with verifying?

Should you choose to verify, you already have the recommendations of 3 long-time users of Fab.
    Honestly, you're better off with Img regardless and as I said, Img can be integrated as Fab's default burn engine to function as seamlessly as VSO

Comment

Originally posted by regnad kcin View Post
      In point of fact, VSO (the burn engine that is bundled with Fab) is a 3rd party burn engine, ie., VSO is a separate and distinct company.
      So, why doesn't Fengtao repackage DVDFab with Img as the default burn engine? Especially since it has "history" using 3rd party burn engines.

(BTW, this new news has convinced me to install Img --later today. http://forum.dvdfab.com/images/smilies/redface.gif)

Comment

OK, Imgburn does work OK, including Verify function.

When installed as 3rd party burn engine (to DVDFab), do we really need a splash screen from Imgburn? IMO, it should go about its business as quietly as possible like a good little turn-key app. 45+ years experience as a computer programmer has shown me that splash screens are nothing more than programmer ego boosters of little use to most users. Imgburn should have an OPTION to disable (or allow) splashes as the USER wishes.

Comment

I understand it to be some commercial arrangement that we obviously are not party to.

The same question has been asked many times over many years.

Originally posted by dav4is View Post
          So, why doesn't Fengtao repackage DVDFab with Img as the default burn engine? Especially since it has "history" using 3rd party burn engines.

(BTW, this new news has convinced me to install Img --later today. http://forum.dvdfab.com/images/smilies/redface.gif)
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

OK, Imgburn does work OK, including Verify function.

When installed as 3rd party burn engine (to DVDFab), do we really need a splash screen from Imgburn? IMO, it should go about its business as quietly as possible like a good little turn-key app.

Yup, as GregiBoy suggested, you're preaching to the choir...

Anyway, good move switching to Img.
            You'll be much better off.

Comment

Originally posted by regnad kcin View Post
              Yup, as GregiBoy suggested, you're preaching to the choir...
              re an option in Imgburn to disable splash: Has nothing to do with DVDFab, really. Just good programming sense. No need for splash screen -- esp when installed as 3rd party app (in DVDFab).
              Last edited by dav4is; 12-30-2011, 02:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X