DVD Copy says trial expired after first day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Copy says trial expired after first day

I want a program to backup my DVD movies to single-layer DVD so the originals are not scratched. I have used DVD Shrink and ImageBurn but looking for a single program. I installed the latest version of DVD Copy and tried to use it last night but did not see an option to reduce the size of the movie to fit a single-layer DVD. When I tried it again this morning, it said the trial had expired - - after one day and one attempt at using it. Is this normal?
    I have seen nothing so far (30 minutes of use) that justifies spending a lot of $$ for.

Please try to re-enter your key here:

Top right corner -> question mark -> About -> Enter registration key.
    User Manual for DVDFab v10 (pdf)

DVDFab log default location:
    For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab10\Log
    For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab10> Log

DVDFab Player 5:
    For Windows:C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Comment

@Ning, read the post. It is a trial version!!!

@sys-eng, have you ever tried Fab before, even years ago as you don't get two bites at the cherry.
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I may have tried DVDFab a long time ago. If so, it was surely a different version. If that is the problem, then I will have to just pass on it. This program is expensive for me considering that I did not get the chance to see it perform any better than what I am already using.

Thanks for the reply.

Comment

Even if the trial version of the full version has expired, there is a free component of DVDFAB that never expires (HD Decrytper). Functionally it is the same, but the encryption database isn't updated as often.

Now as far as Shrink it to single layer, there is a drop box towards the bottom (in both Full Disk and Main Movie) where you can change the quality from DVD9 to DVD5. This is what you need to do to shrink it to a single layer DVD. You will have to change it every time.

Another option (don't know if it is available with the free version) is to go into the settings and change the default to DVD5 (under DVD Copy).

You can also set up DVDFab to use ImgBurn as the default burn engine instead of the built in VSO Engine.

Comment

I have heard of HD Decrytper but never tried it. Is it better than DVD Shrink? I just recently learned that DVD5 means SL DVD. Not sure why they do not just say Single Layer DVD. I never saw DVD blank disks labeled as DVD9 or DVD5.

Comment

Originally posted by sys-eng View Post
              I have heard of HD Decrytper but never tried it. Is it better than DVD Shrink? I just recently learned that DVD5 means SL DVD. Not sure why they do not just say Single Layer DVD. I never saw DVD blank disks labeled as DVD9 or DVD5.
              Hi sys-eng
              As far as the Free HD Decrypter goes, it will remove all protections from your disc (except newer movies) which you would have to wait 60-90 days before they are supported.

After your trial is over the free HD Decrypter is enabled.

You will also Not be able to compress and burn to disc, you will have to use other third party software to do this.

DVD9 means dual layer and DVD5 means single layer.

If you buy the DVD Copy option you will be able to remove protections, compress movie, and burn to disc.

Hope this helps
              CBR929
              Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Working...
              X