X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to burn a dvd successfully.

Hi.

I've had a problem with dvd fab pro since I purchased this pc.
    The pc specs -
    Amd athlon dual core processor 3600+
    180 gb hdd
    1918 mb ddr2 ram

I have windows xp professional installed, but I've also tried vista and same problem occured.

I've bought 2 year subscription before on my old pc, and the program worked very well and was the only burning program I ever used.
    Now I am only able to rip the dvd using dvd fab decrypter.

The problem is -
    dvd fab rips and encodes/transcodes the dvd fine, but when it asks for blank media, the error occurs. It spits out the dvd I'm copying and asks for blank media, I insert the blank media and within seconds, the tray spits open again and asks for blank media again.
    I've reformatted the pc, upgraded and downgraded to windows vista/xp, Used later versions of dvd fab, none worked. When it spits the blank media out, I'm not sure if it even gives the computer enough time to read the media.

If you need any more information please ask thanks very much for your time.

Mine at work did the same thing and come to find out the drive was a DVD ROM drive, a reader and not a burner. Are you sure you have a burner in that new computer?
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Hi its a dvd-ram drive. I've burnt countless dvd's before with this pc using other programs. So it must be a burner?

Brand is liteon 20x DVD writer

Comment

Ok, just asking didn't mean to insult you. New computer and all it's an easy oversight.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Hi you did not insult me at all, I appreciate your help, it could have been in easy mistake seen as I do not know much about computers.
          After pulling out the box I can definitly confirm its a liteon dvd writer 20x.

Comment

OK. Thiis looks like it's gonna be a tricky one !!!! I'l try to outline some troubleshooting tips.

Firstly are you using the FREE or PAID version of Fab?

Have you installed SP3 for Windows XP?

Download and install the latest version of Fab, 6.0.2.5, from the links in this forum.

Shut down your computer and do a clean restart before doing the following:-

1. Are you sure that the burner is working properly? Try it with some of your other burning software and confirm that. Do not assume anything !!!
            2. Are you using single layer media and do you have DVD5 selected at the bottom centre of the Fab window?

If both of the above are correct, I'd suggest that you go into device manager and uninstall the burner and reboot the machine aand the drivers will reinstall automatically.

Let us know how you get on and I hope this helps.
            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
              OK. Thiis looks like it's gonna be a tricky one !!!! I'l try to outline some troubleshooting tips.

Firstly are you using the FREE or PAID version of Fab?

Have you installed SP3 for Windows XP?

Download and install the latest version of Fab, 6.0.2.5, from the links in this forum.

Shut down your computer and do a clean restart before doing the following:-

1. Are you sure that the burner is working properly? Try it with some of your other burning software and confirm that. Do not assume anything !!!
              2. Are you using single layer media and do you have DVD5 selected at the bottom centre of the Fab window?

If both of the above are correct, I'd suggest that you go into device manager and uninstall the burner and reboot the machine aand the drivers will reinstall automatically.

Let us know how you get on and I hope this helps.
              Hi.

I've downloaded and re installed the new dvd fab, I'm using service pack 3 windows xp, The burner works with dvd shrink and img burn and many other programs I've tried. I'm using dvd5 option at the bottom and using 4.3 gb dvd-r.

I've uninstalled the driver (ATAPI IHAS120 6 scsi CD rom device)
              Now I am restarting.

Comment

Hi I've reinstalled the driver and am now attempting to burn a disc.

Comment

Hi the burn was unsuccessful.
                  It asked for the blank media, I inserted the blank media, The tray was ejected 3 seconds after I inserted the disc.

Comment

If you are saying that your registration has expired, you will not be able to rip/shrink to DVD.

I missed that earlier. The Free HD Decrypter will only rip to the HDD uncompressed.
                    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Hi I am using the trial version, I have until 27th of december before the trial runs out. I am not using the decrypter I am using DVD FAB DVD to DVD

Comment

Did you do a test burn with other software just before you tried Fab? I know you said that you have done burns before but I want to know whether it is actually working NOW!

What is the title that you are using for the test?

Comment

Hi I just did a test burn with 2 programs.
                          Dvd shrink and imgburn.

With dvd shrink I analysed, encoded, deep analysed and then burned with nero.
                          With imgburn I ripped main movie only with dvd decrypter (Ripit4me) and then I burn with img burn.

Both attempts were sucessfull. And I also burnt 2 dvd's this morning, before I responded to this post.

The titles are various, all owned by me. What I am trying to do is make backups of all my movies. The movies I tried today with dvd fab, img burn and dvd shrink are - Vinyan, Hatchet, Creep, Dog soldiers, Role models.

Comment

If Img works check this out: http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=33

Albert Einstein

Comment

Hi I've done that and now am burning a dvd, I will let you know how it goes. I also sent a support query to dvd fab and maybe they may have some idea on what I'm dealing with. I've googled the problem and as far as I can see not many people, if any, have had this problem before.

Thanks very much all for the help so far.

Comment

Working...
                              X