X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about DVDFab

Here's what i'm trying to do:

i have a Win 7 desktop that i rip all my movies to and then use a program called "My Movies" to collect data (descritpion of movie, actors, runtime, rating, etc) about the DVDs (from imdb.com and users) and link it with Windows Media Center.

I rip the movies as .iso using competitor program, everything works but i was just ripping the entire disc. i want to rip just the main movie with no extras. years ago i was using DVD Shrink but then i came across DVDFab. So i started to rip the just the main movie out of the .iso versions thad i had using DVDFab, everything was cool until yesterday when the trial expired. So i went out and checked out the price to purchase DVDFab and it seemed to be that there was a free version that would rip just the movie but when i downlaod that, it appears to be the same trial / unregistered version that i have.

DVD shrink works ok but DVDFab is much easier - just select the Main Movie mode and its off. DVD Shrink, you have to go through and manually check/uncheck waht you dont want. in the past i had problems with some rips missing sound or subtitles (for movies that they showed you what someone was saying when speaking in a foreign language), etc.

So do i need to purchase DVD Fab to rip just the movie. i dont want to convert it to other formats (ipods, psp, etc), i just want the main movie, in iso format.

Thanks!!
    Last edited by AGJ; 11-29-2009, 05:16 AM. Reason: removed competitor name

Per this link: http://www.dvdfab.com/fab-compare.htm
    it seems that the DVDFab HD Decrypter sw will work and is free but i keep getting error message that it's expired. in the comparison link, it says: "Main Movie" to just copy the movie, with specific audio/subpicture." - well i believe that all i want. and at the bottom of the page it says "free"

Comment

The FREE version does not do "Main Movie". Only rip to HDD uncompressed.

If you need that feature, buy it.

BTW: That link is way out of date. Platinum & Gold have not been available for years and that page is not available by using the website navigation. I presume that you obtained the URL thru a search engine.
      Last edited by GregiBoy; 11-28-2009, 08:45 PM.
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Movie only was removed from the free version. Good to know. In what version was it removed?

Comment

I'm not really sure which version, I think in the 6.2.x,x series.
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Movie only was never offered in the free version but it is available in the 30 day free trial

Comment

Yeah, it's hard for us registered users to know what happens with the free version.

Comment

Well I have it installed on my other computer but now I have to do an OS reinstall so have to start the 30 day countdown again to know what the free version gives you

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
                  Movie only was never offered in the free version but it is available in the 30 day free trial
                  I just checked to be sure before posting but yes the free version always had the movie only option at least as far as V5250.

I used it for years on the movies that did not need comprssion because for me it was faster than the registered versions .

I only used the full versions on movies that needed to be compressed.
                  So sometime after V5250 is when the movie only part of the free version was discontinued.

Comment

OK thanks for letting us know as I always thought it only did the full DVD

Comment

Working...
                    X