Won't run, won't stop, won't find DVD burner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Won't run, won't stop, won't find DVD burner

I'm about at my wit's end. I've been having increasing problems with DVDFAb for about a month - it would only allow me to burn single layer DVD's after a year of being able to burn dual layer on my Memorex drive (it never would read or burn to my HP DVD1070 drive). I finally broke down and purchased a new DL burner to replace the Memorex (a LiteOn iHAS124b), and now it won't read the DVDs, it won't burn from a copy on my hard drive, and it won't exit the program (I have to continually hard exit and then restart the computer). I'm attaching the internal log (for whatever help that may be). Help!
    Attached Files

Maybe Windows 7 update problem?

I'm seeing a lot of users with similar problems (not burning at 9 level, only 5) and am wondering if maybe it's a Windows 7 update issue - has anyone checked to see if any recent Windows updates may be interferring with DVDFab Copy?

Comment

SATA drives don't work?

I have 2 DVD burners on my system. One is a Memorex that's PATA, the other is a LiteOn that's SATA. The Memorex drive won't currently record DVD9 (a recent problem). DVDFab (v8.1.3.8 QT and earlier versions) won't read the LiteOn (or an earlier SATA drive that I had installed). Is there some problem with DVDFab working with SATA drives, or some setting that I'm missing?

Comment

Hi barnkat
        Please try the latest version found here http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=16223
        If still having problems
        Please post your logs the default location is:
        For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
        or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Also make sure Path player is enabled
        Open Fab Click the Green top right > Protection > Path Player click Always Enabled click OK restart Fab and try again.

CBR929
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

What worked...

I went in and updated my PC's SATA driver, and that still didn't fix the burning problem, but it DID fix the "can't see/use the SATA drives" problem. In poking around Imgburn, I discovered that there was a place to tell it to use longer file names, and that finally did the trick - the movie names were suddenly "too long", which is why I was getting the L0 failure error message.

Comment

Working...
          X