X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After rip to disc "Finish" returns to previous menu

Howdy, using DVD Fab 6.2.0.5 on Windows Vista 64

I'm ripping DVD to DVD, "Main Movie" option, to directory on harddrive.

Everything goes well, and when it is done I get a popup box telling me it completed, and then when I click that and then the Finish button, it basically just goes back to the previous screen with the "Start" button.

It won't read any new disc that I add into the player (I tried adding the new disc at various points, at the completed popup, after the completed popup but before finish, and after clicking finish), they all act the same.

The new disc isn't read, and even if I go "back" from the previous screen it is still showing the information from the previous disc...

I basically have to quit DVDFab, and restart it to read the new disc.

Anyone have an suggestions of what to try next?

THANKS!
    -Zac

Sounds like windows isn't picking up that you've inserted a new disc into the drive, does the icon in My Computer change when you insert the new disc?

Comment

Yes it does, that is what is weird...

Everything but DVDfab picks up the new disk. I can even play it in MediaPlayer for example.

And even if I don't put a new disc in at all, it's still going back to the "previous" menu, and selecting none of the other options (Full Disk, Customize, etc) does anything...

Comment

Closing FAB and restarting is a good habit to get into for each new movie.
        This is something I do with all software when changing to a new project. This eliminates the chance of mis reading and errors.

Comment

Do you have the "Autoplay Handler" turned on or off in general settings?

Try it both ways.
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

GregiBoi, yup I tried it both ways.

Still nothing...

Comment

What about in Windoze?
              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Yup, tried setting the AutoPlay (to do nothing) in Windows as well.

Comment

More and more, I am starting to suspect that the default VSO burning engine is causing problems such as these although I may be totally incorrect. (I have been known to be wrong before!!)

This is what I would try in this situation:-

Uninstall Fab.
                  Under "Device Manager", remove all "VSO Devices"
                  Using a registry cleaner such as CCCleaner, remove all DVD Fab and VSO references.
                  Reboot the machine.
                  Redownload and install using the procedure outlined in my "Registration Key Problems" thread in the "Answers to Common Questions" sub-forum but DO NOT install the VSO Burning engine when asked.
                  Download and install ImgBurn as your burning engine. Troy512 has written some great threads with even videos on ho to do this.

Sorry, but that is all I can suggest.

Comment

Thanks GregiBoy, I'll give that all a try. Encrypting a disc that still has 42hours to go (choose 7pass US DoD, glad I didn't choose 35 pass {groan}), so I'll give it a try when that is done.

Thanks again,
                    -ZacWolf

Comment

Working...
                    X