Bug Report - Fab ignoring DVD5/9 setting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bug Report - Fab ignoring DVD5/9 setting

Upgraded to the latest full release (8-1-5-9) a couple of days ago and have just noticed a bug/issue with it.

I've had DVD9 set as a default ever since I started using Fab, back in the v5 days, as I always want full/uncompressed rips, but this latest release is ignoring that option and always defaults back to DVD5.

I only noticed today, so I've now got to go and re-rip the handful of DVDs I ripped over the last few days

I've had the exact same problem, it completely ignores the 5/9 settings

Comment

Ran into the same problem myself the other day and had to re-do three boxed sets of Japanese Anime.

I posted about this and the bug has since been confirmed.

Hopefully they'll have a fix out soon.

Comment

I have exactly the same bug and can be more specific.

When you start, the option is set to DVD9 for a copy of say the main movie. Then when you press "Next", it changes to DVD5 and you have to remember to change it to DVD9.

If you after changing toFDVD9, press "Back", it stays at DVD9, then "Next" again and it goes "Back" to DVD5.

As long as you remember to change it to DVD9 after pressing next, it WILL copy at the DVD9 setting....if you don't then you get DVD5 and fabs compression.
        Last edited by davecuk; 01-24-2012, 01:37 PM.

Comment

I have the same problem and it is extremely annoying, especially if you forget to do all the checking.
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

As I mentioned earlier today, I had posted about this problem already.

The Bug Report was done on January 20th.
            v8.1.5.8 Qt Default Output Size will not stay set

Here was one reply I received from a Moderator in that thread confirming the Bug.
            Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
            Hi ゲゲゲの鬼太郎
            This must be a bug, I have just tested this and it will not stick to DVD9.
            I will alert the staff but it may be awhile before it is fixed, as they are celebrating their New Year.
            CBR929

Comment

I have been in contact with Fengtao, he said they will look into it when they are back.
              Thanks
              CBR929
              Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Working...
              X