Another really annoying QT bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another really annoying QT bug

I have my "Default Output Size" set to DVD9, but in recent releases when you enter the DVD copy feature it's being set to DVD5. Worse still when you spot this and correct it, if you then select the button to "Choose ISO Image file" to set the destination, when you get back to the main panel it's gone back to DVD5 again.

I'm finding quite a few UI bugs introduced since moving to QT. I spotted this one at 8.1.5.9 and upgraded to 8.1.6.0 and it's still in that release. I don't know exactly when it appeared as I don't copy many full DVD images, but I can confirm it works OK with 8.0.8.5.

I usually use DVD Copy > Full Disc

But the Default Output size is a Known Bug was introduced sometime in the v8.1.5.x
    series and has been confirmed by a Moderator.

Under the list of fixes for v8.1.6.0 Default Output size was Not listed as one of the fixes.

These are the only fixes which were listed:

Fix: Warning dialog “Windows cannot find C:\PROGRA~2\DVDFAB~2\Options\DVDFabxxx.exe” when running DVDFab in certain cases.
    Fix: A freeze problem when opening Blu-ray disc in certain cases.
    Fix: Blu-ray 2D "Full Disc" backup of Blu-ray 3D disc cannot be played on certain players.
    Fix: BD5/BD9 AVCHD backup cannot be played on certain players when "Convert DTS/LPCM audio to AC3" option is enabled.

Comment

That's good to know, I keep trying the new QT versions, but keep having to return to 8.0.8.5 because of the buggy UI. Fortunately I've not needed anything that's been fixed since that release.

Comment

Looks like you'll be pleased to know that the Bug has been fixed!

I've already done a few disks today since the update has been released.

DVDFab 8.1.6.1 Qt (February 4, 2012)

New: Updated language files.
        New: Some minor changes and improvements.
        Fix: Several crash problems in certain cases.
        Fix: Lightning-Recoding should not be enabled when GPU encoder is enabled.
        Fix: A crash problem when copying "Full Disc" of DVD and Blu-ray by commandline.

DVD Copy:
        Fix:
        DVD5/DVD9 output setting cannot be saved.

DVD Ripper:
        Fix: Multiple subtitles should not be selected for devices like iPod, iPhone and iPad.
        Fix: A/V sync problem for MKV/AVI/MP4 file output.
        Fix: A freeze problem when converting certain video files.

Blu-ray Copy:
        New: Added support for a new BD+ protection as found on Contagion (Region B).

Blu-ray Ripper:
        Fix: Multiple subtitles should not be selected for devices like iPod, iPhone and iPad.

Video Converter:

2D to 3D Converter:
        Fix: Right video file cannot be played when "Two separate files" output is enabled.

DVD Creator:

Blu-ray Creator:

Comment

Working...
        X