Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab fails copy but Passkey works?

Hello,

This is sort of a DVDFab and a Passkey question so not sure if this is the right area but here goes.

I bought both DVDFab and Passkey recently (guess I thought I needed both but seems like it is generally an either or... oops?). I've been trying to make a backup copy of a DVD I have. It is admittedly fairly scratched up but it plays fine. I have cleaned it to the best of my ability before attempting to back it up.

If I attempt to back it up in DVDFab it always errors out with read errors at a certain point (~13%). It doesn't matter whether I select the full disc or main movie. I've tried enabling and disabling PathPlayer to no effect. Per what I have been able to read online, I've disabled Passkey before I attempt to use DVDFab. I haven't tried enabling the ignore all read errors option yet as I'm hoping to get a clean copy still.

However, if I quit DVDFab, enable Passkey and use its Rip to Hard Disk functionality it seems to run fine. I see no errors and I'm left with the appropriate sized files on my hard drive that play OK at first glance. I haven't played through the entire movie looking for corruption however.

I guess my question is whether I'm having an issue with DVDFab or whether Passkey is silently ignoring read errors? Or something else entirely?

Thanks in advance.
Working...
X