Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

R2 problems

Brand new to this forum, so here goes..
    Whenever I use DVD Copy to back up an R2 disc, the copy always works fine on a regular DVD player, but then always gives a disc error on my Magnavox BD player, using Verbatim media. I also have all of the boxes checked prior to burning the disc (sorry if these details are pretty vague, but I'm not around my computer) Have used DVD Fab for years with never any compatibility problems. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Are you in region 2? This may be a video format issue if you are in region 1.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

IP trace says you are in region 1.
      So are the disc region 1 or region 2?

Comment

Sorry, yes I am in region 1. I thought that checking all of the boxes before burning removed all region encoding and other protections. I also did a firmware update on the BD player , didn't seem to help. Maybe there is something on the interface that I am not understanding. Also, all of my DVD players are region 1, and also have a region-free one, just having no luck with the BD (it does play all of the backup region 1 discs)
        Any ideas? Would be very appreciated!

Comment

DVDFab will take care of the region code, but will not change the PAL video format to NTSC. PAL is used in region 2 and NTSC in region 1. There are ways to change the video format prior to burning, some may even be free, Google it.
          How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
          Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
          X