This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prompt says I need dual layer disc???

After years of using dvdfab with no problems, today after 2 weeks of using 6.2.0.5 after I burn to the hard drive and insert a blank to copy to I get a message saying I need to use a dual layer disc. Quality setting is dvd9 and default output size is set to dvd9. What happened?

Sounds like your settings didn't stick with the last update.
    Select dvd5 and in Common Settings change the default setting to dvd5.
    You should be good to go.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

You can also change this on a disk for disk basis by changing the pulldown in the bottom centre of the Fab window. The default will be what is set as maineman said above.
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Thanks, that did the trick. I just copied Terminator Salvation but Night at the Museum got past the recognition stage and then gave me the error message (try again, abort, ignore, ignore all). I tried with pathfinder off and on. No luck. Any ideas?

Comment

Well, glad you got past that hurdle.
          Take a look at the list of usual suspects in this sticky:

Tips on Troubleshooting Analyzing/Ripping dvds (link in my sig).
          If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

I have the same problem. Using version 6.2.18. What is "common setting" and how do I find it to change the setting? Thank you.

Comment

I just found the "common setting." However the box is blank. Quality listed as "N/A." How do I correct this problem? Thank you.

Comment

Working...
              X