Can't read Wall-E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't read Wall-E

Just got a used copy of Wall-E. It plays just fine using Media Player on Windows 7 (latest versions of everything). I'm having no problems copying other DVDs using DVDFab (8.1.6.3 Qt). But when I try to copy Wall-E, when DVDFab is still trying to "open" the DVD, ie the dialog box "Open Source E:\[WALL_E]" is still in progress, I get the error dialog box with the title "Reading/Writing Error Control" with the message "Error while reading! Please choose what to do.?" I've tried Retry, Abort, Ignore, and Ignore All--to no avail.

I saw some older posts about problems with Wall-E, but they were back in 2009 and seemed to be solved with newer versions.

I'd greatly appreciate any ideas on how to fix this problem. Below is the info from the dvdfab_internal.log file.

Thanks!

-- Nick

===============================

DVDFab 8.1.6.3 (2012/03/04 21:24:02)

0m 01.85s: Qt Translator file load success
    0m 01.88s: Load config successful.
    0m 01.90s: Init profile data driver sucessful.
    0m 04.67s: Init GPU settings sucessful.
    0m 04.67s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 bd23d 1 bd2dvd 1 file2dvd 1 file2bluray 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1
    0m 04.69s: dvd2dvd:dvd2mobile:blu-ray2blu-ray:blu-ray2mobile:blu-ray2dvd:file2mobile:file2dvd:file2bluray:blu-ray23d:
    0m 05.00s: Config ExBar successful.
    0m 05.00s: dvd2dvd have 8 elements.
    0m 05.11s: dvd2mobile have 28 elements.
    0m 05.63s: blu-ray2blu-ray have 4 elements.
    0m 05.66s: blu-ray2mobile have 17 elements.
    0m 05.95s: blu-ray23d have 7 elements.
    0m 06.08s: blu-ray2dvd have 1 elements.
    0m 06.09s: file2mobile have 27 elements.
    0m 06.59s: file2dvd have 1 elements.
    0m 06.61s: file2bluray have 1 elements.
    0m 06.87s: Config work ui controls successful.
    0m 10.95s: Init burn engine successful.
    0m 11.02s: StartNotify successful.
    0m 35.04s: detected dvd
    0m 35.10s: drive E
    0m 35.10s: dvd type 1
    0m 35.10s: volume label WALL_E
    0m 35.17s: got copyright 1 fe
    0m 35.84s: got udf/iso
    0m 47.21s: got discinfo
    0m 47.22s: pathplayer enabled
    0m 55.60s: read error: 0 632009879 1968558181 2232122 6229487 192737644 2232122
    ===============================

The last line of your log shows read a error, try cleaning it and see if it helps. The fact it plays is really meaningless when it comes to backing it up.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

I always clean my DVDs (liquid dishwashing detergent and water) before ripping. I don't see any noticeable scratches or blemishes. When I've had read errors before, they've always occurred as DVDFab was in the midst of ripping the DVD. In this case, the read error happens immediately after I insert the DVD. I can't even start the copy process.

I guess I'm just trying to confirm that there is no strange copy protection issue with Wall-E that would be causing such a problem.

Thanks.

Comment

There is nothing unusual about the protection on Wall-E. Don't get too hung up on where the error occurs, a manufacturing flaw can occur anywhere on the DVD.
        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

Wall-E

Interestingly, looked at this one a long time ago, can't be 100% certain now if i used xxxxxxxxxxxxx or DVDfab Platinum (as it was about that time) but what was unusual was that it would only back it up direct to another disk, backing it up to the hard drive first invariably meant the burnt DVD failed to play.

It may well be that the decrypters have caught up with this pecularity but at the time it certainly had it's problems and this was evident by the number of people asking the same question about the problem on various forums.
          Last edited by 90312; 03-07-2012, 02:27 PM. Reason: Removed the name of competitor software.

Comment

I'm having trouble recalling specifics re: Wall-E...being an old fart is not helping..., but I had trouble as well.

My best recollection is that there were multiple R1 versions which would explain why so many users did...and did not experience trouble.

I believe the issue was related to disc structure and my initial attempts resulted in altered title sets and dropped chapters.
            Again, if memory serves me correctly, I too used other decrypting software, but with an update, ultimately Fab ripped Wall-E successfully.
            If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Working...
            X