DVDFab Copy Keeps freezing after DVD is loaded..the computer freezes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab Copy Keeps freezing after DVD is loaded..the computer freezes

I have Wins XP SP3 and I am using an optical drive. I have had no problems with DVD FAB copy until 2 days ago. It will load the source DVD, and I always have it on Main copy. Then I will go to check off and remove 2 items, such as a foreign language and commentary, and then it will completely freeze. I can only go into task manager to get it off the screen. Then if I try it again it does the same. Then I reboot my computer and I can't get past the user login screen, my computer is frozen. So I uninstalled it yesterday, and then installed the newer version and it worked fine for burning 2 DVDs. Then today I went to start it up again and the same thing happened. It also looks like the DVD 5 and 9 are pale so that you cannot even select them. I can only click on any two items and then it freezes.

Hi lindagums

Please post your logs the default location is:
    For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Logs with most recent activity

Here are the logs
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi lindagums
        After looking at your logs I'm taking a guess, I think you have some corrupt files.
        Please uninstall Fab and clean the registry with CCleaner found here http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

Run the registry cleaner until nothing is found, then reinstall the latest Fab found here http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=16846

Post back with results.
        CBR929
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

I went into the Add/Remove programs and uninstalled DVD Fab, then it said some have to be removed manually. So I went into my documents deleted those and the DVD Fab folders, but I could not delete DVDFabShellEx.dll It said Can't delete...Access Denied.

Comment

Still the same with new version, loads DVD then freezes.

I did a search for all DVDFab files deleted them all except for that .dll file. I went and downloaded version 8.1.6.6 then I inserted a DVD and the source DVD was loaded. I went and deselected the subtitle language and then that was it, I couldn't do anything else.
            Also, when I click on task manager to end this program I see that DVD Fab is running but also PreviewOldBarDlg which has the DVDFab monkey icon. I don't know if that means anything but I click it and it shuts down the whole DVDFab program. Maybe this is always there but I just thought I'd mention it.

Comment

Working...
            X